Allocation mode not supported

I’m trying to use allocator to allocate values from a shapefile into an IOAPI file. I first started with a shapefile that just contained county shapes with FIPS codes. I was able to use DISCRETEOVERLAY to allocate the FIPS codes to the IOAPI file with no problem. I then added in some values in other fields in the shapefile that are decimal numbers. When I run allocator now, I see these messages:

Opening I/O API output file

In discrete mode
In discrete mode
Processing double, found=0
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode
In discrete mode

Then once it opens the output IOAPI file it writes the FIPS codes to the file, but then I get this error:

ERROR in /aqm1/models/utils/Spatial-Allocator-master/bin/32bits/allocator.exe: Allocation mode not supported. Exiting…

I did a test using DISCRETECENTROID and the program completed successfully. Is there a reason DISCRETEOVERLAP wouldn’t work and DISCRETECENTROID would?

In your original message, you mentioned using DISCRETEOVERLAY vs. DISCRETEOVERLAP. I wanted to double-check that your run script correctly specifies DISCRETEOVERLAP as the processing mode (i.e. there isn’t a typo in the mode name).

Sorry. That was a typo in this post. I did use DISCRETEOVERLAP.

Can you post a copy of your run script? I’m not sure what could be causing the error you’re seeing.

alloc_growth_factors_to_ioapi_overlap.csh (1.5 KB)