CMAQ-DDM Sensinput Reaction Rates

Hi,
I have a question about the sensinput data. I would like generate separately sensitivities to multiple reaction rates, it works if define in one, but not as separate. Please advise.

Works***************

RATE1
RATE
REACTION
R1
R2

END

Does not Work***************

RATE1
RATE
REACTION
R1

RATE2
RATE
REACTION
R2

END

I don’t know of any reason for why this would be. I will try a test locally and get back to you. What model version are you running?

I am using CMAQ 5.3.2

I ran the following sensitivity input case on the benchmark data provided with the CMAQ release for 1 day:

RT1
RATE
REACTION
R1

RT2
RATE
REACTION
R2

END

I checked O3 output and there are values for all hours that seem reasonable. I believe this is your “Does not Work” scenario and its seems fine for me.

How is the “Does not Work” situation manifested for you?

Note, that the forum does not preserve the required blank spaces in front of some lines in the input example above…

Thank you @sergey. Defining sensitive coefficients are too sensitive :slight_smile:
I have another question, when i run this it generates all sensitive coefficient as zero. Can you please advise why the coefficients are zero.

I did not get all zeros in my test. For one of them, the values were very small, but not zero.

Sergey

Hi Sergey, Sorry I have been bit away from the topic for a while. Now I am back to this to resolve. I mentioned to you that my run produces all sensitive coefficient as zero. This is strange, I tried running with different parameters, it produces SENS files but with zero coefficients. Also, I noticed that while running it give me the following message on the screen, notice that the times of COUPLE and DECOUPLE are 0.0 seconds. I am wondering If I forgot to turn on any switch in the settings. Your insight on this highly appreciated. Thanks, Mujtaba

VDIFF completed...    0.4 seconds
            COUPLE completed...    0.0 seconds
              HADV completed...    0.2 seconds
              ZADV completed...    0.1 seconds
             HDIFF completed...    0.0 seconds
          DECOUPLE completed...    0.0 seconds
              PHOT completed...    0.1 seconds
           CLDPROC completed...    0.2 seconds
              CHEM completed...    0.2 seconds
              AERO completed...    0.2 seconds

I am looking for help on this topic. I get all sensitivity coefficients to be zeros in CCTM_ASENS file. Can someone provide insight on this.

I am not sure what is going on with your simulation. Have you tried simply running the base model without DDM and seeing if you can match the provided benchmark output?