Installing I/O API Versions 3.2

Dear all,
I tried to install I/O API using Intel compiler. I have modified /ioapi-3.2/Makefile as followed:

BIN        = Linux2_x86_64ifort
  BASEDIR    = ${PWD}
  INSTALL    = /share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2
  LIBINST    = $(INSTALL)/$(BIN)
  BININST    = $(INSTALL)/$(BIN)
  CPLMODE    = nocpl
  IOAPIDEFS  =
  PVMINCL    =
  NCFLIBS    = -lnetcdff -lnetcdf -lhdf5_hl -lhdf5 -lz

I have also edited my ioapi/Makeinclude.Linux2_x86_64ifort so that ARCHFLAGS is

ARCHFLAGS =
-DIOAPI_NCF4=1
-DAUTO_ARRAYS=1
-DF90=1 -DFLDMN=1
-DFSTR_L=int
-DIOAPI_NO_STDOUT=1
-DAVOID_FLUSH=1 -DBIT32=1

according to Installing --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap NEVER works and instructions in CMAQ documentation regarding this seem misleading - #8 by cjcoats

Additionally, OMPFLAGS at Makeinclude.Linux2_x86_64ifort was changed as followed:

OMPFLAGS  = -qopenmp
OMPLIBS   = -qopenmp

But I still can’t compile I/O API 3.2 successfully:

cd /share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/Linux2_x86_64ifort; icc -c   -O3 -traceback -xHost                                    -DVERSION='3.2-nocpl' /share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi/bufint3.c
In file included from /share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi/bufint3.c(87):
/share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi/iodecl3.h(100): error: #error directive: "Error compiling:  unsupported architecture"
  #error   "Error compiling:  unsupported architecture"
   ^

/share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi/bufint3.c(155): error: #error directive: "Error compiling envgets.c:  unsupported architecture"
  #error   "Error compiling envgets.c:  unsupported architecture"
   ^

compilation aborted for /share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi/bufint3.c (code 2)
make[1]: *** [bufint3.o] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/share/home/jliu2/dir_lingyun/SMOKE/subsys/ioapi-3.2/ioapi'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Could you help me resolve this question? Thank you very much!

Generic question: which versions of compiler, I/O API, netCDF?

Unless you really really understand how the priorities of the various types of variables used by make work (including understanding the ways that GNU make violates the POSIX Standard), you should not be messing with what is an environment-variable vs. a make-variable vs. a command-line variable.

Use the I/O API build system as it is designed, instead of thinking you know enough to “roll your own” – you don’t.

In this case, the make-variable FLDMN is not being set correctly (possibly because of your setting BIN as a make-variable), so the C codes such as bufint3.c don’t know how that compiler-set’s Fortran::C linker-interfaces work.

Thank you very much! I have installed I/O API successfully using GNU compiler.