Ioapi installtion unable

Perhaps follow the installation instructions,
https://www.cmascenter.org/ioapi/documentation/all_versions/html/AVAIL.html#build

Also note that 3.2 is the current version; 3.1 is in maintenance-only mode.

Could you lease guide, where start and why this error is

@Akhila. The link Carlie sent you is the user’s guide. Please check the guide and follow the instruction. There is a specific instruction how to install it on your server. If you run into an error, then let us know.

Hello Team,

During the installation process in step three am curious to understand whether we need to create a directory named BIN na d the copy the files under the folder LIB.

Am using netcdf -c 4.7 netcdf -cxx4-4.3.0 and netcdf-fortran 4.4.5.

Also the libraries

hdf5-1.8.21

and Zlib-1.2.11.

So did you meam that i have to create a directory BIN (“AM NOT SURE ABOUT THE LOCATION, whether it is in ioapi-3.1 the main folder.”

and then copyibg the LIB files (which LIB files-- if could you specify … because m able to find a lot of files that start with the file name LIB)

also if i create the file BIN,

where should i link it to.

Am curious to know,

what so far i have done is that, created a copy of all makefiles.

Could you have immediate response because the software installtion seems to be little confusing .

Hello Team,

Would like to mention that am unable to locate the file lib/libhdf5*.a
in hdf5*.a inorder to copy it to BIN from hdf5-1.8.21.

could you guide please in order to figure out the this out quickly.

Thanks in advance,

Akhila Thomas

If you would follow the instructions, and configure/build netCDF using the recommended

--disable-netcdf4 --disable-dap
flags, then you would not need to worry about libhdf5, etc. Or else (assuming you got them as part of your installation) ask your vencor’s software-installation utility where to find them – that utility be different on Debian or Ubuntu from RedHat or Fedora (and different from version to version) or from SuSE.

Hello Team,

i have enabled dap,

am curious to know what are the files that i have to copy to BIN

O what should the variable LIBINST AND BININST be set to.

thanks in advance,

Akhila thomas

Hello Team,

i have enabled dap and also enabled netcdf4,

am curious to know what are the files that i have to copy to BIN

O what should the variable LIBINST AND BININST be set to.

thanks in advance,

Akhila thomas

I want to install ioapi, but it give me this error:

Makefile:208: recipe for target ‘airs2m3’ failed
make[1]: *** [airs2m3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/ensiyeh/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/ioapi-3.2/m3tools’
Makefile:198: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Could you help me,please?

Hello Team,

Can i know whether which files do i need to copy or create a link to the folder BIN.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_905660420102wd27.html

https://alei817927.gitbooks.io/guild-book/tech/compile_and_install.html

http://www.voidcn.com/article/p-mogmiwfj-bea.html

Along with https://www.cmascenter.org/ioapi/documentation/all_versions/html/AVAIL.html

The interesting fact is that the name of the files seems different .

Am using netcdf -c 4.7 netcdf -cxx4-4.3.0 and netcdf-fortran 4.4.5.

Also the libraries

hdf5-1.8.21

and Zlib-1.2.11.

could you please guide the files that must be copied to BIN.

In the document it is said that the file ‘lib’ should be linked , but am curious to know which are all the files in it.

Itz been a file that am behind the installation.

But i have strong confidence that i will succeed on day.

Thanks in advance,

Akhila Thomas

Hi

I want to install IOAPI-3.1. I don’t have any errors in make configure and make, but in make install it gives an error.

Makefile:194: warning: overriding recipe for target ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort’
Makefile:191: warning: ignoring old recipe for target ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort’
Makefile:197: warning: overriding recipe for target ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort’
Makefile:194: warning: ignoring old recipe for target ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort’
echo “Installing I/O API and M3TOOLS in /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort and /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort”
Installing I/O API and M3TOOLS in /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort and /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort
(cd /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/ioapi ; make install)
make[1]: Entering directory ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/ioapi’
echo “Installing in /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort” ; cd /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort; cp libioapi.a /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort
Installing in /home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort
cp: ‘libioapi.a’ and ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/Linux2_x86_64ifort/libioapi.a’ are the same file
Makefile:183: recipe for target ‘install’ failed
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/ioapi/ioapi-3.1/ioapi’
Makefile:164: recipe for target ‘install’ failed
make: *** [install] Error 2
Could you guide me,please?

Could we use make install in installing ioapi-3.1?

You use make install to copy the libraries (etc.) from their build-directory to some other directories (e.g., ${HOME}/bin, lib., etc).

1 Like

cjcoats, could you please clarify one thing - I found that --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap is NOT possible to install netcdf-fortran without error in make chek, but you and whole CMAQ is suggesting so. please any comments? I have tried myself with the later versions of netcdf e.g. netcdf-c-4.7.0 (and 1) with netcdf-fortran-4.5.0 (4.5.1) etc.

1 Like

See topic " IOAPI to netcdf4 compress mode": It is certainly possible to install netCDF-C and netCDF-Fortran 4.4 with these flags. And the Mmake check"s work.

1 Like

Hi,have you solved the problem yet?

Hi Zhuli

Yes, I solved it. Which version do you want to install?
What is your compiler?

Hi~esm
I’ve installed netcdf4.1.3 successfully by adding the command " --disable-netcdf-4–disable-dap "below configure, but when I make in ioapi3.2, I got the same errors you got before:
make[1]: *** [airs2m3] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory ‘/home/ensiyeh/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/ioapi-3.2/m3tools’
Makefile:198: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

BTW: Centos7.5 & GCC 6.4.0 are what I’m using.

Look forward to your reply~

Yes Itz all fixed CMAQ 502

Successful installed. Want to thank everyone in the team

Hi,esm

I’ve successful reinstalled the ioapi3.2 by resetting NCFLIBS in iopai3.2/Makefile.

Thanks~

1 Like