The error about Install I/O API

Hi, everyone.

I am trying to install IOAPI-3.2 by pgf90.
Here is the error msg.

/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/Linux2_x86_64pg/libnetcdf.a(libdap4_la-d4curlfunctions.o): In function set_curlopt': d4curlfunctions.c:(.text+0xd4): undefined reference to curl_easy_setopt’
/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/Linux2_x86_64pg/libnetcdf.a(libdap4_la-d4curlfunctions.o): In function NCD4_curl_protocols': d4curlfunctions.c:(.text+0xa9b): undefined reference to curl_version_info’
/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/Linux2_x86_64pg/libnetcdf.a(libdap4_la-d4curlfunctions.o): In function NCD4_reportcurlerror': d4curlfunctions.c:(.text+0xd0e): undefined reference to curl_easy_strerror’
make[1]: *** [airs2m3] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/m3tools’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Here is the full make.log
makelog.txt (191.2 KB).
Because I installed netcdf without –disable-netcdf4, I have already added -DIOAPI_NCF4=1 of ARCHFLAGS under ioapi/Makeinclude.Linux2_x86_64pg.
It seems not to solve this problem.

It is really appreciated for your suggestions or help.
Million thanks.

Best regards,
Cecilia

From the I/O API download/build manual https://www.cmascenter.org/ioapi/documentation/all_versions/html/AVAIL.html#ncf4:

NetCDF Version 4.x have lots of additional build options, that will require a complex set of additional libraries in your Makefiles and all other model-building systems. It is recommended that you disable these options by adding the command-line flags below to your netCDF configure command:

–disable-netcdf4 --disable-dap

or (depending upon netCDF version; don’t you love consistency and compatibility !?? )

–disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap

…If you don’t build netCDF as indicated above, you will need additional libraries that may be discovered by running the netCDF commands

nc-config --libs
nf-config --flibs

Hi!
Here is the msg of netcdf.

Thus I modified the Makefile under the main IOAPI dir.
NCFLIBS = -L/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/netcdf/lib -lnetcdff -L/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf
The install error is still as same as before
makelog.txt (235.0 KB)
. :sob:
Did I correct it? Million thanks!

In your log:
cd /disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/Linux2_x86_64pg; pgf90 airs2m3.o -L/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/software/ioapi-3.2-master/Linux2_x86_64pg -lioapi -L/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/netcdf/lib -lnetcdff -L/disk/r071/cliucv/tool/netcdf/lib -lnetcdf -o airs2m3
Clearly, this doesn’t have the needed extra (HDF5, curl, dap, …) libraries

NCFLIBS needs all the libraries coming from nc-config and nf-config

Thank you very much! :blush:
After I installed these libraries, It works now.