MCIP Compilation

Dear all

I am trying to compile MCIP but I got the following error:

mpiifort -free -I/media/maria/Backup/CMAQ_Project/PREP/mcip/scripts/lib/x86_64/intel/netcdf/include -I/media/maria/Backup/CMAQ_Project/PREP/mcip/scripts/lib/x86_64/intel/ioapi/include -c mcipparm_mod.f90
mcipparm_mod.f90(126): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [M3UTILIO]
USE m3utilio, ONLY: mxdesc3
------^
mcipparm_mod.f90(243): error #6406: Conflicting attributes or multiple declaration of name. [MXDESC3]
CHARACTER(LEN=80) :: fdesc ( mxdesc3 )
----------------------------------------------------^
mcipparm_mod.f90(243): error #6223: A specification expression is invalid. [MXDESC3]
CHARACTER(LEN=80) :: fdesc ( mxdesc3 )
----------------------------------------------------^
mcipparm_mod.f90(126): error #6580: Name in only-list does not exist or is not accessible. [MXDESC3]
USE m3utilio, ONLY: mxdesc3
----------------------^
compilation aborted for mcipparm_mod.f90 (code 1)
Makefile:136: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘mcipparm_mod.o’
make[1]: *** [mcipparm_mod.o] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio ‘/media/maria/Backup/CMAQ_Project/PREP/mcip/src’
Makefile:127: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo ‘all’
make: *** [all] Error 2

Searching on internet, they suggest to remove the corresponding INCLUDE -statements, function-declarations, and EXTERNAL statements. I remove on the Makefile the next instruction -I$(IOAPI_DIR)/include, however the error persist.

Do you have any suggestion?
Appreciate your help.

0 Likes

You need to tell the compiler where to find m3utilio.mod.
You need to have compiled IOAPI first. Then make sure there is a flag -I/path/to/the/directory in your Makefile. Note that you do not point specifically to the file m3utilio.mod, only to the directory containing it.

0 Likes

Thank you. I fixed the error.

0 Likes