SMOKE 4.8.1 Test Case

Hi, I am getting this error when I run SMOKE test case.

/cmaq/data/SMOKE/SMOKE_4.8.1/subsys/smoke/Linux2_x86_64ifort/temporal: error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
0.000u 0.000s 0:00.00 0.0% 0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w

Thanks for suggestions to resolve this.

I have made sure that the file exists

This sounds like a LD_LIBRARY_PATH problem. You’ve located the libiomp5.so file – for purposes of discussion, say it is in directory /foo/lib. You need to add the following to your scripts (maybe in the ASSIGNS file) so that the program-loader can find it:
if ( ! $?LD_LIBRARY_PATH ) setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ""
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/foo/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}"

Correct! As cjcoats mentioned, you do need to compile IOAPI library properly on your system for SMOKE system to run.

Thanks bbaek and cjcoats for your quick responses. Looking at my ioapi/lib directory, libiomp5.so does not exist. Does it mean ioapi is not installed on my system? As well, is this with this newer version ie 5.8.1, because i do not recall having this problem with 4.5.

Please note that CMAQ 5.3.1 runs smoothly on this system

Why CMAQ has no problems I have no idea (are you running pre-compiled executables?).

You probably found libiomp.so* in some directory like (in my case) /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/compiler/lib/intel64/ This library is needed for your compile of the I/O API, and comes from Intel.

The usual way to install these compilers (when done correctly) has your login procedure source the relevant resource-file in order to set up the environment for the compiler. In my case, I have
/etc/profile.d/local.csh do the command:
source /opt/intel/composer_xe_2013_sp1.0.080/bin/compilervars.csh intel64
in order to set up the compiler’s environment.

In a module environment, make sure you do the correct module load command before running SMOKE.