ANOTHER Important Vulnerability Update for VERDI 2.1.2 (December 22, 2021)
REPLACE ALL PRIOR versions of VERDI with this patched release version VERDI 2.1.2
Updated VERDI to log4j 2.17 to fix security vulnerability: Log4j – Apache Log4j 2
Fixed linux build to use openjdk 16.0.2 2021-07-20.
Re-enabled the splash screen with automatic version numbering.
The User Manual for VERDI has not been updated. It will be updated for the next Major Release.
VERDI 2.1.1 (previous release)
- release to patch and upgrade VERDI with log4j 2.0.16 to remove message lookup capability to eliminate the log4shell security vulnerability: Log4j – Apache Log4j Security Vulnerabilities
Additional bug fixes with this patched version.
- Fixed Polar Stereographic Projection Issue for Tile Plot Display of WRF Files.
VERDI 2.1 (previous release)
The U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development, General Dynamics Information Technology and the Community Modeling and Analysis System Center are pleased to announce the release of the Visualization Environment for Rich Data Interpretation (VERDI) version 2.1
What’s new in VERDI 2.1:
- Enhanced user interface and interactive features related to observation overlays (e.g., preview feature, custom symbols)
- Added support for setting legend levels from a batch script.
- Improved error messaging (when an observation data set does not contain data for the map being shown)
- Updated Java Runtime Environment to OpenJDK 16.02
VERDI uses Java, which makes it easy to install and is portable across different operating systems. VERDI packages are distributed for Windows, Linux, and Mac.
VERDI development continues with the support of efforts of the U.S. EPA Office of Research and Development, U.S. EPA’s National Computer Center/Environmental Modeling and Visualization Laboratory and the CMAS Center.
Please report any bugs or problems with this release to the CMAS User Forum - with the VERDI category tag: VERDI - CMAS CENTER FORUM