Consultation on the WRF-CMAQ two way Coupled Model

Hi
I intend to study the interaction between ozone and aerosols with model . As we all know , aerosols have indirect and direct feedback to radiation, and aerosols’feedback to radiation also can affect ozone formation. The official website of EPA shows that the indirect effects of the WRF-CMAQ two way Coupled Model are under development. Meanwhile, the references on the application of this two way Coupled model is relatively scarce. Therefore my question is whether the latest version of the WRF-CMAQ coupled model has already been equipped with indirect feedback and is sufficiently mature for the study of the indirect effects of aerosols? Looking forward to your reply soon.
Best wishes

Hi Qiny,

Thanks for your interest in the WRF-CMAQ two-way coupled model. In the public released code, it only contains the direct effect portion. For the indirect part, we are still figuring out how to release it. Please stay tune.

Cheers,
David

@wong.david-c. Can you post your response again? We can not read your full response.

Hi Qiny,

Thanks for your interest in the WRF-CMAQ two-way coupled model. In the public released code, it only contains the direct effect portion. For the indirect part, we are still figuring out how to release it. Please stay tune.

Cheers, David

Hi

I want to install WRF-CMAQ two-way. But when I compiled it, It gives errors. Could you help me, please?
Thank you

The errors are:
make[2]: [module_state_description.F] Error 255 (ignored)
make[1]: [em_wrf] Error 1 (ignored)

The compile.log file is:
compile.txt (699.3 KB)

Hi ESM,

It looks like you have compiled IOAPI with openMP option on. Remove -openmp option and recompile IOAPI and then two-way model. If you have further question, please let me know.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

…or add -qopenmp to your link flags (or libraries).

There are good reasons that the default I/O API compile supports OpenMP; it has done so for more than two decades, and the model build-systems ought to behave accordingly.

Carlie J. Coats, Jr., Ph.D.                I/O API Author/Maintainer
Senior Software Engineer                       cjcoats@email.unc.edu
UNC Institute for the Environment                     www.ie.unc.edu
100 Europa Dr., Suite 490 / Campus Box 1105         Tel 919.843.5951
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1105                          Fax 919.966.9920
1 Like

Hi David,

Thank you. It solved the second error, but there is the first error. Could you guide me to solve it, please?

time mpif90 -f90=ifort -o wrf_debug.o -c -O2 -ip -fp-model precise -w -ftz -align all -fno-alias -FR -convert big_endian -I…/dyn_em -I…/dyn_nmm -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/main -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/external/io_netcdf -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/external/io_int -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/frame -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/share -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/phys -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/chem -I/home/ensiyeh/CMAQ_ONLINE/WRFV38/inc -I/home/ensiyeh/LIBRARIES/netcdf/include -real-size expr 8 \* 4 -i4 wrf_debug.f90
0.00user 0.19system 0:00.29elapsed 67%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 31448maxresident)k
65304inputs+112outputs (234major+10640minor)pagefaults 0swaps
REGISTRY WARNING: o3rad: o3rad_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: o3rad: o3rad_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: aerod(grid%sm31,grid%sm32,grid%sm33,itrace): aerod_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: aerod(grid%sm31,grid%sm32,grid%sm33,itrace): aerod_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_tmp: om_tmp_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_tmp: om_tmp_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_s: om_s_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_s: om_s_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_u: om_u_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_u: om_u_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_v: om_v_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_v: om_v_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_ml: om_ml_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: om_ml: om_ml_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: ru_tendf_stoch: ru_tendf_stoch_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: ru_tendf_stoch: ru_tendf_stoch_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rv_tendf_stoch: rv_tendf_stoch_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rv_tendf_stoch: rv_tendf_stoch_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rt_tendf_stoch: rt_tendf_stoch_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rt_tendf_stoch: rt_tendf_stoch_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rand_pert: rand_pert_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rand_pert: rand_pert_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rstoch: rstoch_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: rstoch: rstoch_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_u_tend_perturb: field_u_tend_perturb_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_u_tend_perturb: field_u_tend_perturb_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_v_tend_perturb: field_v_tend_perturb_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_v_tend_perturb: field_v_tend_perturb_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_t_tend_perturb: field_t_tend_perturb_b is not a variable or number; ignoring it
REGISTRY WARNING: field_t_tend_perturb: field_t_tend_perturb_bt is not a variable or number; ignoring it
ADVISORY: RSL_LITE version of gen_comms is linked in with registry program.
Makefile:182: recipe for target ‘module_state_description.F’ failed
rm -f module_state_description.o

This is compile.log
compile.txt (847.1 KB)

This is configure.wrf
configure.wrf.txt (23.3 KB)

Thank you. What is the difference between -openmp and -qopenmp? What is the use of -openmp and -qopenmp?

Hi ESM,

I am not sure how you got his. Anyway try to recompile your code again with these steps:

- cp configure.wrf configure.wrf.ifort
  - clean -a
  - cp configure.wrf.ifort configure.wrf
  - compile em_real >& mylog

-openmp is just my typo. The ifort compiler flag is -qopenmp.

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Hi David,

Thank you so much. I compiled it many times. Could you check my configure.wrf file, please? I didn’t change its flags. Are they right?

Thank you

It depends on the compiler and maybe its version:

• Intel ifort version before 16: -openmp
  • Intel ifort version 16 or after: -qopenmp (-openmp generates a warning)
  • Portland Group pgif95: -mp
  • Gnu gfortran: -fopenmp
  • Sun/Oracle sunf95: -openmp
  • Pathscale pathf95: -mp -openmp
2 Likes

The error has been resolved.

Thanks

Catalyst