IOAPI-3.2-large installation error

Hello, everyone, I am using CMAQ-5.3.2-ISAM for PM2.5 source apportionment. Due to too many species tracked, the model has an error. According to the advice of the user manual, I tried to install IOAPI-3.2-large to solve this problem, but I encountered an error when installing the model.
The error information is as follows:

In function `MAIN__':
m3combo.f90:(.text+0xce): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0xf9): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x152): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x1c2): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x1ed): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x246): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x2cd): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x30f): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x37f): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x3c1): relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_32 against `.lrodata'
m3combo.f90:(.text+0x3ec): additional relocation overflows omitted from the output
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [m3combo] Error 1

I did not find the specific installation method of IOAPI-3.2-large and the solution to the error in the instructions on the official website and the forum.

Look forward to your reply.
Thank you very much!

The installation instructions for ioapi-3.2-large are in the main I/O API installation instructions: https://www.cmascenter.org/ioapi/documentation/all_versions/html/AVAIL.html#build

Given your error, I strongly suspect you did not follow the part:

This version should be kept carefully isolated from the regular version of the I/O API, and should be used only for CMAQ-DDM and CMAQ-ISAM

1 Like

To install I/O API on a HPC system that provides the support for Environment Modules:

• I recommend creating customized modules and use the module load [your_customized_module] command on HPC systems to keep track of what version of I/O API and the required packages for each build including the netCDF-C and netCDF-Fortran libraries.

https://researchcomputing.princeton.edu/support/knowledge-base/custom-modules

You can see an example of this here:

https://cyclecloud-cmaq.readthedocs.io/en/latest/user_guide_cyclecloud/cmaq-vm/preinstall.html#create-environment-module-for-libraries

Liz

Hello, thank you very much for your answer. I’m sorry that I didn’t reply to your message in time. I will follow the installation instructions and try again. And careful handling of large versions of IOAPI versus regular versions.

Hello, thank you very much for your suggestion, which is different from my previous installation method. I will carefully consider your suggestion and try again. Thank you very much!