MCIP - libnetcdf.so.18 & compiler errors

Hello,

I am using WPS_4.1, WRF_4.1.3, CMAQ/MCIP_5.4, netCDF_4.7.4 & ioapi_3.2.

When I attempt to run MCIP’s run_mcip.csh I encounter the following errors:

Error: ‘compiler’ should be set either in the
** environment or as input to config.cmaq**
** Example:> ./config.cmaq [compiler]**
** Options: intel | gcc | pgi**

Mon Jul 15 11:00:07 EDT 2024
/home/ds1/scratch/Downloads/CMAQ-CMAQv5.4_14Oct2022/PREP/mcip/src/mcip.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error running mcip
srun: error: nc31022: task 0: Exited with exit code 1
Error: ‘compiler’ should be set either in the
** environment or as input to config.cmaq**
** Example:> ./config.cmaq [compiler]**
** Options: intel | gcc | pgi**

Mon Jul 15 11:00:09 EDT 2024
/home/ds1/scratch/Downloads/CMAQ-CMAQv5.4_14Oct2022/PREP/mcip/src/mcip.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.18: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Error running mcip
srun: error: nc31022: task 1: Exited with exit code 1

libnetcdf.so.18 does exist at /home/ds1/scratch/Downloads/netCDF_4.7.4/lib64 and has the following permissions 775.

As a new member, the website has prevented me from uploading my makefile, mcip.exe and run_mcip.csh files - are you able to help without those files?

Please let me know if you need any additional information & how to provide it.

Thank you,
Dave

@DS1

I’m going to refer this to one of our other team members who is familiar with the CMAQ build that was set up here.

@Ben_Murphy, @cgnolte, or @fsidi – Could one of you weigh in on this, please?

–Tanya

@DS1,

Thanks for your interest in the CMAQ modeling system. Your error seems to be related to not being able to link our model code with the netCDF libraries during compilation.

Please re-read the netCDF-Fortran Build instructions , specifically the section entitled " Linking your programs with netCDF Fortran libraries". The first paragraph should contain the solution to you build-time issue.

Good Luck!

I will - thanks everyone for your quick replies and pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers,
Dave

2 Likes