MCIP installation error while compiling CMAQ v5.02

Dear all,

I am installing CMAQ v5.02 with intel compiler, all modules have been installed except MCIP, I ran into an error in the process of making the MCIP module (in the folder of /mcip/src). The error is about wrf_netcdf_mod.f90(63): error #7013: This module file was not generated by any release of this compiler. [NETCDF]
and related messages are as below:

What can I do to solve this issue?

Best Wishes,
QiaQia

The error-message says it: you must build and install netCDF using the same compiler and compiler-version you are using to build WRF.

Dear @cjcoats ,

Thanks for your reply. I am sure that I used the same compiler and compiler version to install WRF and NETCDF. So I think that this error may be caused by another reason?

Many thanks,
QiaQia

@qiaqia

I’m not an expert in building netCDF, but you (or whoever installs netCDF on your system) may need to specifically enable a build of the Fortran libraries with netCDF. The file that you need, netcdf_mod.f90, should be part of the netCDF build. If it is not there, you may have to go back and rebuild part of netCDF.

See: NetCDF: Building the NetCDF-4.2 and later Fortran libraries

Hope this helps.
–Tanya

The compiler you’re using for the MCIP-build says that it did not generate the netcdf.mod that the build is trying to use. This suggests that there is a problem somewhere with the module-search-path in the build…