Multi-day simulation for MCIP and CCTM

Good afternoon CMAQ users:

I am trying to run my simulation for more than 1 days. I generated the output from WRF that is over 1 days. Then I choose an over one day range for MCIP_START and MCIP_END in run_mcip.csh. As a result, it shows the mcip outputs, with names start with the initial date, but include the data that more than 1 day.
However, when I tried to use MCIP outputs to run CCTM, it seems that CCTM requires MCIP daily files for each date, rather than a MCIP outputs that includes multiple days. Do I have to prepare the mcip outputs day by day, if I need to run a multi-day simulation for CCTM? If so, should I prepare the WRF daily outputs for these days, then MCIP output in the same manner, or there are something I can do to run the MCIP once but generate multiple outputs?

Best
Huan

The typical procedure used at EPA is to configure MCIP and CMAQ to run for one day at a time, and to use scripts to invoke the models N times if you want to run for N days.
It is possible to run the model for a longer period in a single execution. However, all input (and output) files need to contain all time steps for that period. As a result, files start getting too large to manage easily if you are running for a month or longer.

1 Like