PNTS ERROR When Running NEI Point Source using SMOKE

Using NEI Platform 2015 and smoke 4.5(precompiled with platform)

I run onetime for ptagfire and an error is shown in the output:

ERROR: At least one message’s priority is less than or equal to the exit priority: 1
ERROR: Level 1 errors or Level 0 warnings found. Check log files, fix inputs, and rerun.

Please find the script run screen output (ptagfire_onetime_screen_output.txt) in the link below.

Link to files: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-wfN4MMKX949JxjsKtIg-5LH7lR6pjBa?usp=sharing

I then proceeded to try the daily runs and got more errors:

*ERROR detected in logfile:
*/scratch/kvk66396/nei/2015fd_cb6_15j/intermed/ptagfire/logs/smkinven_ptagfire_aug_2015fd_cb6_15j.log

ERROR: detected in Smkinven
ERROR: Running Smkinven for daily data import in aug_2015
ERROR: At least one message’s priority is less than or equal to the exit priority: 1
ERROR: Level 1 errors or Level 0 warnings found. Check log files, fix inputs, and rerun.
Please find the script run screen output (ptagfire_daily_screen_output.txt) in the link above.

The log file shows:

ERROR: input file not found: PNTS
/scratch/kvk66396/nei/2015fd_cb6_15j/intermed/ptagfire/pnts_map_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.txt
Could not open input file “PNTS”.
*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine OPENINVIN
Ending program “OPENINVIN”.
Please find the log file (smkinven_ptagfire_log.txt) in the link above.

I am receiving this error for this sector (ptagfire) and CMV3. The scripts ran successfully for the other point sources.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how I can go about addressing this issue?

It looks like you have an error finding the inventory file in the inventory import step.

ERROR: input file not found: PNTS
/scratch/kvk66396/nei/2015fd_cb6_15j/intermed/ptagfire/pnts_map_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.txt

Could not open input file "PNTS".

*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine OPENINVIN
 Ending program "OPENINVIN".

Please provide your run scripts in addition to the log files.

Agree with Lizadams. Here are some additional suggestions:

• Provide the Smkinven log from the onetime job (the Smkinven log you posted is from the daily job)
  • Provide the log analyzer output (the “level1” file located in reports/log_analyzer/)
  • Check to see whether /scratch/kvk66396/nei/2015fd_cb6_15j/intermed/ptagfire/pnts_map_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.txt exists after the onetime job is run.

It’s not clear why that file is missing – it should have been generated by the onetime job, for use by the daily job. If the PNTS file exists after the onetime job is run, and then the daily job is run after that and the same error happens, there could be something else in play which is causing the daily job to delete the file before Smkinven August is run

Thank you for the feedback. I have included the run scripts in the google drive link from the original post.

I do have the pnts_map_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.txt in the directory it is supposed to be. I am not sure why it cannot find an existing file.

Thank you for the feedback.

• The Smkinven log file from the onetime job is provided in the google drive link: smkinven_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.log
  • I have included the log analyzer output in the google drive link: rep_logs_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j_12US2_onetime_level1.csv
  • The /scratch/kvk66396/nei/2015fd_cb6_15j/intermed/ptagfire/pnts_map_ptagfire_2015fd_cb6_15j.txt does exist after the onetime job is run.

The reason for the log analyzer message after the onetime job is because of the PNTS error with the daily job. Basically, the log analyzer scans everything which is in the logs/ directory, even leftover logs from other jobs. So that’s not a problem.

Just to make sure we understand the PNTS error: Does the following file actually exist on disk both before and after the daily job is run:

but the Smkinven output from the daily job says the file does not exist?

The PNTS file is a text file which references several other files which are generated by Smkinven in the onetime job. For example:
Point
/IOAPI/ pnts_ptagfire.ncf
/TEXT/ psrc_ptagfire.txt
/NDAT/ 13
/DATMAP/
BUTADIE pnts_ptagfire_dat/BUTADIE.ncf
ACROLEI pnts_ptagfire_dat/ACROLEI.ncf
ACRESBURNED pnts_ptagfire_dat/ACRESBURNED.ncf
CO pnts_ptagfire_dat/CO.ncf
(and so on)

Can you confirm whether or not all of the files listed in the PNTS .txt file exist in intermed/ptagfire/ and intermed/ptagfire/pnts_ptagfire_dat/ as well?

1 Like

@kruthika, To process ptagfire sector, you need to first run “one_time” run script for ptagfire sector and then perform invoking the “daily” run script to process daily inventory. The “one_time” script will properly generate the PNTS output files and then the “daily” script will use it for a proper daily inventory processing.
Make sure you delete any previous generated PNTS output file before you perform “one_time” and then “daily” run scripts.

Thank you! After I removed the previously generated PNTS output files, it ran successfully.

1 Like