Runsettings.csh Script Error for Nonpoint

I downloaded the NEI-2017 data from the EPA website. I am using the Emissions Modeling platform for processing this data. I ran into an error when trying to process the Nonpoint sector of SMOKE. The error log states:

“SCRIPT ERROR: Incorrect number of arguments for runsettings.csh
The correct sytax for calling that script is:
runsettings.csh sector grid partnum juldate infile”

The ag and rail sectors had no errors when running. However, this error mentioned above is happening for nonpoint, othar, and rwc.

After checking the forum (link below), the “processing date” is set to ESDATE and that I seem to be having another type of issue.

Does anyone know how I can fix this error? I appreciate the help.

Can you provide the run script and standard output (terminal output) for one of the sectors which is having the error?

Thank you for your response.
I cannot attach any files as I am a new user. Hence, I have provided the files in the link below.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/112oR_T5M3x0_RrApwyfGNvHYKZfqg2Dh?usp=sharing

We see this message several times in the standard output:

“Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, MOVBE, POPCNT, F16C, AVX, FMA, BMI, LZCNT and AVX2 instructions.”

We note that those are all basic Intel processor extensions. Either they don’t have the Intel libraries or they aren’t using an Intel compatible processor.

It looks like SMKINVEN is attempting to run. Maybe the issue is with the IOAPI executables.

It’s not obvious yet what might causing the run settings error, but we suggest figuring out what is going on with these “please verify” messages first. We’ve never seen that before. There may be something wrong with your environment which would cause lots of things to not work.

“Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel(R) X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2, MOVBE, POPCNT, F16C, AVX, FMA, BMI, LZCNT and AVX2 instructions.”

I’ve been through this several times, and perhaps it needs to be added to the FAQ. See https://cjcoats.github.io/ioapi/ERRORS.html#inst:

This is a build-compatibility problem: the compiler has been told it can use an instruction-set not compatible with the processor you’re running SMOKE on.

Over the years, Intel has added multiple generations of new instructions to their processors that will give improved performance if you build executables that use them. But if you use the newer, higher-performance instructions in an executable and run it on an older processor, this is just the sort of error message you will get.

Various compilers have different compile-flags that tell the compiler just which instruction-set to use; some (e.g, PGI) default to “use the instruction-set for the processor on which the compiler is currently running”…

You have an executable built for Haswell-or-later processors, but you are running it on an earlier (SandyBridge or before) processor.

Re-build netCDF, I/O API, and SMOKE on the same processor you’re going to use to run SMOKE, using compile-flags compatible with its processor (e.g., for Intel, add -xHost to the compile-flags: that says “Compile using the instruction-set for the processor the compiler is running on.”).