Wildfire script error

Dear @tlspero @cjcoats @lizadams @bbaek,

I am trying to run wildfire script to process its emission but I got this error:

“/home/catalyst/Desktop/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/allocation/reas2/wildfire/wf_ref.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libiomp5.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory”

I am using gfortran compiler and also an openmpi. I’ve installed libiomp5 using apt-get install but couldn’t find libiomp5.so library to link its location to my environment path. Below is my makefile which I used to configure the wildfire model.

PROGRAM = wf_ref.exe
FC = gfortran
FC_FLAGS = -02
LINK_FLAGS = -fopenmp
IOAPI = -L/home/catalyst/Desktop/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/ioapi-3.2/Linux2_x86_64gfort -lioapi
NETCDF = -L/home/catalyst/Desktop/Build_WRF/LIBRARIES/netcdf/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf
LIBRARIES = (IOAPI) (NETCDF)

OBJS =
wf_ref.o coord.o csv.o slocate.o

(PROGRAM): (OBJS)
(FC) {LINK_FLAGS} (OBJS) (LIBRARIES) -o $(PROGRAM)

.F.o:
(FC) (FC_FLAGS) $<

clean:
rm -f (OBJS) (PROGRAM)

I’ll appreciate your help, please.

Thanks

Catalyst

I tried to make some amends but still got this error:
wf_ref.f.txt (22.0 KB)
At line 120 of file wf_ref.f (unit = 5, file = ‘stdin’)
Fortran runtime error: Bad real number in item 1 of list input

Error termination. Backtrace:
#0 0x145e07fd62da in ???
#1 0x145e07fd6ec5 in ???
#2 0x145e07fd768d in ???
#3 0x145e08144d42 in ???
#4 0x145e08146ad5 in ???
#5 0x145e081480f9 in ???
#6 0x5631ca301a04 in ???
#7 0x5631ca308918 in ???
#8 0x145e071e6b96 in ???
#9 0x5631ca301869 in ???
#10 0xffffffffffffffff in ???

Attached is wf_ref.f file for your attention.
wf_ref.f (22.0 KB)

I have resolved this error and been able to run the script successfully.

Thanks for your contributions.

Catalyst

If you’re using an MPI-enabled I/O API library, then you need to use FC=mpif90 instead of gfortran.

Some more about that. The MPI enabled compilers mpif90 (and mpicc, etc.) are really scripts that know about a particular underlying compiler and its versions (gfortran in this case, I think) and also about the libraries and include-files for that particular MPI installation. Note that libraries and include-files for different MPI versions (OpenMPI, MPICH, etc) and/or for different underlying compiler-set are not compatible with each other… trying to mix them can lead to a number of obscure problems/bugs.

Is your vendor’s libiomp5.so compatible with your OpenMPI? I worry about that, unless they were both from the vendor, and installed together.

@cjcoats @tlspero @cgnolte @rpedruzzi @bbaek Thanks so much for your useful responses. I got this error while running a bioemiss (megan_bio_emiss) script and this has taken a lot of my time while trying to resolve it.

“./megan_bio_emiss: symbol lookup error: ./megan_bio_emiss: undefined symbol: for__b_fmt_table”

Any hint to resolve it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

undefined symbol: for__b_fmt_table looks like a Fortran run-time-library problem. Make sure that your LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set correctly (e.g., module load if you’re in a module based system.)

hi, I wonder did you got the solutions to this problem?I now got the same issue when running FVCOM.