CMAQ-DDM saprc07tc species run error

@sergey @lizadams

Hi,

I receive this error after trying run CMAQ DDM v5.2 for saprc07tc mechanism for my runs.

*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine JAC on PE 001
ERROR: Number of species in Jacobian does not match N_GC_SPC.
PM3EXIT: date&time specified as 0
Date&time specified as 0

I also had issue for comiling CMAQ for this mechanism, which I removed some C*() like mentioned in some post.

Thank you,

Unfortunately, the code for this mechanism was updated after the jacobian was generated. I can supply you with a new jacobian if you would like to try it.

Sergey

@sergey

Yes please. I appreciate that.

Hello @ Sergey.
I have faced similar ERROR.
I would appreciate if the solution you have suggested can work for me too.

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response, but message me your email address and I can send you the updated jacobian file.

Sergey

Hi Yaluk,

I am attaching the mechanism. Please, note that I have not had the chance to test these changes. Try replacing it directly in your build directory.

Sergey

image001.jpg

(Attachment jac_saprc07tc_ae6_aq.F is missing)

Hi Sergey,
I am facing the similar error when I run CMAQ-DDM v5.2 for cb05e51_ae6_aq mechanism.
*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine JAC on PE 000
ERROR: Number of species in Jacobian does not match N_GC_SPC.
Date&time specified as 0
I would appreciate if you can help me to solve this problem.
Thank you.

@sergey

I hope all is going well with you. I am wondering if you have updated the Jacobian file or the one you provided in 2020 is the latest one.

We are working on the next release of CMAQ, which will have the capability of automatically generating Jacobians for DDM calculations for any chemical mechanism. This should avoid these kinds of conflicts about versions and compatibilities.

Sergey

Thank you for your quick response Sergey. Can I have the last version of jacobian file that you have for saprc07?

@sergey

Hello again Sergey,

Can you also send me the Jacobian file for cb05tucl_ae6 please?

Hi,professor @sergey.
I have run the CMAQ-5.2-DDM with the cb05e51_ae6_aq chemical mechanism and faced similar problems. Could you please send me the last version of the Jacobian file for the cb05e51_ae6_aq mechanism?
I’m looking forward to your feedback and suggestions soon. Thanks!

By the way, I have tried using the jacbian file provied in the ebi_cb05e51_ae6_aq to run the DDM for cb05e51_ae6nvPOA_aq chemical mechanism. This method can generate the output file, but the calculated sensitivity of ozone to NOx emissions is zero. I don’t known where is the problem, can you provide some advice? Thanks!!

Sorry to disturb you, when will the next version of CMAQ with Jacobian file generared automatically release? And when I added some new reactions to the cb6r3 chemical mechanism and revised the jacbian file with these reactions, the sensitivity results turned to zero, can you give me some advise? Is the jac_xxx.f the only file need to update if I want to use another chemical mechanism? If not, could you tell me what else should I revised? Thanks!
@a.kashfi73 Hi, have you solved the problem? Can you give me some advise about running the CMAQ-DDM with a revised chemical mechanism?Thanks!

Sorry to disturb. I want to use the cb05 chemical mechanism too, and I have tried to revise the jac_xxx.f file by myself, but the results seem wrong. Do you know if the jac_xxx.f is the only file needed to revise when using another chemical mechanism?

Hi Wfy,
Have you successfully run DDM under the cb05 mechanism? Could you give me some advice?
Thanks!