Error in CCTM for HG modeling with CMAQ

Hi everyone

I changed the mechanism to tump for modeling HG with CMAQ, but when I run CCTM, I got the error as following:

*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine map_pmemis on PE 001
Could not find the following species in emissions file
NICKEL_F
NICKEL_C
CHROMHEX_F
CHROMHEX_C
CHROMTRI_F
CHROMTRI_C
BERYLLIUM_F
BERYLLIUM_C
LEAD_F
LEAD_C
DIESEL_PMFINE
DIESEL_PMEC
DIESEL_PMOC
DIESEL_PMNO3
DIESEL_PMSO4
DIESEL_PMC
CADMIUM_F
CADMIUM_C
MANGANESE_F
MANGANESE_C
ARSENIC
PM3EXIT: date&time specified as 0
Date&time specified as 0

Does anybody know how I can add this species in the emission file? I use SMOKE as emission model.

Thanks
Amin

Those are PM species that added for PM modeling application. You need to use the proper chemical speciation profiles (GSPRO) that include those species for Spcmat run in SMOKE. If you used the NEI platform package, please check their README file and pick a proper GSPRO input for your CMAQ modeling application.

Dear Mr. Baek

Thank you so much for your notes.

Considering the error that I gave from CCTM’s run for Mercury modeling, I deleted the species in AE_cb05tump_ae6_aq.nml file ( including NICKEL, CHROME, BERYLLIUM, CADMIUM, MANGENESE, ARSENIC) and the other species in NR_cb05tump_ae6_aq.nml file ( including carbon tet, propdichloride, dichloropropene, cl4_ethane, chcl3, br2_c2_i2, cl2_c2_i2, etox, cl2_me, cl4_ethe, cl3_ethe, cl_ethe, naphthalene, quinoline, hexamethy_diis, hydrazine, mal_anhydride, tol_diis, triethylamine, dichlorobenzene) and then the error was solved.

We don’t have any emission inventory for none of these species.

So I want to know deleting these species, does have any effect on the result of Mercury simulation or not? (since none of these species are not mentioned in CMAQ’s Mercury reactions) and the other question is by deleting these species, does CMAQ use the default values for these species in the equations or consider them as zero?

Thank you so much in advance.

Amin

There should not be an effect on mercury simulation from deleting those species from the respective GC and AE namelists. I believe there are also no chemical reactions that would require you to reprocess the gas chemistry solver routines. An alternative is that you could just erase the entry for the “emissions surrogate” and scale factor in the GC and AE namelists for these species. I believe that would work too.