Error to run the assemble program with the WRF4.1.1_CMAQ5.3.2_twoway option

Hi everyone,
I’m a new user of the WRF-CMAQ model. Currently, I have been compiling this model with twoway option. However, at the stage 9 of the tutorials, I got the error:
./twoway/assemble
cp: cannot stat ‘cmaq/complex_number_module.F90’: No such file or directory
grep: Makefile: No such file or directory
wc: Makefile: No such file or directory
cpp_begin_line: Subscript out of range.
Please help me solve this problem!
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks all,
Manh,

Hi Manh,

Do you have cmaq within the WRF structure?

Cheers,
David

Hi David,
I have found out the error came from that the the assemble program is written to run with the library in the BLD_CCTM_v532_gcc_twoway directory. So I have to copy all of files in this directory to the cmaq.
However, I got the another error:

Blockquote ./twoway/assemble
second_line: Subscript out of range.
In addition, I dug in the assemble program, I found the command:

Blockquote mv …/clean misc/orig/clean
cp -r clean …
mv …/Makefile misc/orig/Makefile
cp -r Makefile …

My twoway directory didn’t have the orig directory.
Please help me to address it!
Thank you very much!
Bests,
Manh

Hi Manh,

You have created a sub-directory, cmaq and put BLD* in it. That is not correct. Please do the following:

– mv BLD* …
– cd …
– rm -r -f cmaq
– mv BLD* cmaq
– twoway/assemble

Hi David,
Thank you for your help,
My problem related to the assemble program is solved.
However, I had another question to the next step of the WRF-CMAQ twowa compilation. As you can see from the tutorials (CMAQ/CMAQ_UG_tutorial_WRF-CMAQ_build_gcc.md at master · USEPA/CMAQ · GitHub), after running the assemble command to update all necessary files in WRF and CMAQ to create the WRF-CMAQ model, we prompt the compile command to start a compiling process.
Unlucky, the WRF model requires the NETCDF library with the enable-netcdf-4 option, therefore we have to use the another NETCDF library, which lead to the mismatch of NETCDF library.
Can you kindly explain this issue and give me some suggestions?
Thank you very much!
Bests,
Manh,

Hi Manh,

I am not quite understood what you meant “netCDF mis-match”. CMAQ is the WRF-CMAQ coupled model just like another “physics” package within WRF structure. Hence the compilation requirements, e.g. netCDF library requirement, strictly follows WRF build process.

Hi David,
I meant that WRF model requires the NETCDF library with the “enable-netcdf-4” option, meanwhile the NETCDF library was compiled according to the tutorials with the “disable-netcdf-4” option.
Therefore I can not compile WRF with the former of this library.

Hi Manh,

In that case, build a netCDF with enable_netCDF-4 option and apply it to the WRF-CMAQ model.