ERROR: when building just released CMAQ5.4-ISAM with potvortO3 option

Hello,
I can build CMAQ5.4 and CMAQ5.4-DDM3D with potvortO3 option successfully. However, I get the following error when I compile CMAQ5.4-ISAM with the same option,

NVFORTRAN-S-0196-Deferred-shape specifiers are required for sen (vppm.F)
NVFORTRAN-S-0134-Illegal attribute - intent specified for nondummy argument sen (vppm.F: 169)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 2 severes, 0 fatal for vppm
make: *** [vppm.o] Error 2
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
NVFORTRAN-W-0093-Type conversion of expression performed (SA_IRR_DEFN.F: 1919)
0 inform, 1 warnings, 0 severes, 0 fatal for sa_irr_unblocked
e generated
ERROR while running make command

Many thanks if you have any ideas to fix the problem.

I also tried to compile v5.4 ISAM with potvortO3 option, but with Intel current version of oneAPI compiler. It went by compiling vppm.F o.k., but failed on pvo3.F line 45.with error message “Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [EM_PARAM_MODULE]”

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Hi FenLiu and and whao,

It looks like we did not include an updated potential vorticity module that is compatible with the instrumented models in the Friday release. So, this is, indeed, an issue for both DDM-3D and ISAM. Although DDM-3D compiles and executes without error, it is not propagating sensitivity fields through this module. We will work on providing a patch shortly.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but, please, do not use the potvortO3 option with instrumented models at this time. The option potvortO3 without instrumented models or instrumented models without potvortO3 should both work as expected.

Sergey

1 Like

Hello Sergey,

I appreciate your prompt response. Thanks for the updates on the issue of the option potvortO3 with instrumented models. Looking forward to the patch.

Hello all, the fix for this is going through the review process now and will be released as soon as we determine the best way to make it available.

Sergey

2 Likes