We are pleased to announce the release of FEST-C v1.4 through the Community Modeling and Analysis System (CMAS) center at the UNC Institute for the Environment.
This release has many updates and improvements, particularly including:
- EPIC/WRF/CMAQ to SWAT (the Soil and Water Assessment Tool) for watershed hydrology and water quality assessment,
- Modified soil carbon and nitrogen cycle and hydrology processes with much improved N fertilization and denitrification, and
- Updated 5-year average CMAQ N deposition input datasets (included).
Overall evaluation of FEST-C v1.4 will be presented at the coming CMAS meeting. With the much improved N budget, we strongly recommend you use this new version.
- The output from FEST-C v1.4 is required input for the bi-directional NH3 modeling in CMAQv5.3 (to be released soon).
- This release requires the updated raster tools in the Spatial Allocator 4.3.2 (to be released under the CMAS soon).
The documentation, downloads, and release note for FEST-C v1.4 can be accessed through www.cmascenter.org.
Please report any issues with the release to the CMAS help desk.