How to use inlineto2d tool

Hi,

I am working on EGU emissions so would like to visualize the inline emission files. I searched the forum and found there was a tool called inlineto2d that had the function. However, I only found its description but not how to use it in the user manual. Would you please explain a little bit about how to run it?

Thanks,
Qian

inlineto2d is one of SMOKE utility tools. Check out your SMOKE executables directory ($SMK_BIN). Here is the details.
https://www.cmascenter.org/smoke/documentation/4.8/html/ch05s03s07.html

Hi BH,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, I can find the executable under the directory 2016platform/smoke4.7/Linux2_x86_64ifort. But there is no run script for it. How should I define the input files for it?

Thanks,
Qian

You should create your own simple c-shell script to execute the tool. Define the input and output files names (setenv INFILE,…)

Hi BH,

I was able to run inlineto2d after following your guidance. The script I used to run it is:

However, I met another error:

Is inln_mole_ptegu_xxxxxxxx.ncf the right inline file to process?

Thanks,
Qian

Please set PROMPTFLAG to Y. (setnev PROMPTFLAG Y)

After setting it, the same error still remains.

I am sorry. You need to set the PROMPTFLAG to N to bypass the prompt commands.

Here is one example run script for inlineto2d:

#!/bin/csh -f

setenv LOGFILE LOCAL/logs/inlineto2d.{SOURCE}.log
setenv INLN OUTPUT/sginlnts_l.{SOURCE}.20050710.1.us12-nc.nctox.ncf
setenv STACK_GROUPS OUTPUT/stack_groups_out.{SOURCE}.us12-nc.nctox.ncf
setenv OUTFILE LOCAL/output/output.{SOURCE}.ncf

setenv PROMPTFLAG N

rm $LOGFILE
$SMK_BIN/inlineto2d_v2

Thanks for the example script, BH. I did pass the previous error by setting PROMPTFLAG to N. However, it gave me another error:
It seems inlineto2d needs another input file G_GRIDPATH but I do not know what it refers to.

Qian

Hi BH,

Thanks for the instructions you provided. This issue has been solved by adding GRIDDESC. G_GRIDPATH, and IOAPI_GRIDNAME_1 to the environment.

Qian

Glad to hear you were able to successfully run the tool. Best of luck!