Question about PM25 sensitivity to its precursor in CMAQ5.2 DDM

Hello,
I am still a beginner in using CMAQ-DDM-3D and I have run successfully. But i meet some trouble now.
I want to obtain the sensitivity of PM25 to its precursors, so I need to know the sensitivity of each component of PM25 to the precursors, such as the sensitivity of SO2 and NOx can be set as follows(sensinput.dat file). But how do I set up my sensinput when I want to know the sensitivity of PM25 to primary PM25? Primary PM25 should contain primary sulfate, primary nitrate, primary ammonium, OC, EC and others.

ENX
 EMIS
  EGU, IND
 SPECIES
  NO, NO2

ES2
 EMIS
  EGU, IND
 SPECIES
  SO2

In addition, I would like to ask the SPECIES in the sensinput should be an emission species or a CMAQ model species.
The above are the problems I have encountered , I will appreciate your help.

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

DDM-3D always calculates the sensitivity OF all species. To see them, you need to make sure you set the CMAQ script to write the species you want in the following variable:

setenv AVG_CONC_SPCS β€œO3 NO CO NO2 ASO4I ASO4J NH3”

This setting is shared for normal CMAQ output and DDM-3D output. You can also just get all of the species like this:

setenv AVG_CONC_SPCS β€œALL”

The sensinput.dat file you display in your question defines of the sensitivity is TO.

So, to recap - sensitivity OF all species is always calculated TO the parameters you define.

Sergey

1 Like

For your second question, you do want to use CMAQ model species, such as ASO4J, ASO4I, etc.

Sergey