Running Normbeis 3

Hi

I already have my area, point and mobile emission, and I plan to generate the biogenic emissions inline in CMAQ. Therefore, I am interesting in run only the program Normbeis 3. How can I do that?

Appreciate your help

Maria

Perhaps the steps provided by Jeff Vukovich of EPA would help? https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ip2ImLTZZd1HYJ4VQueFLpcAgjqpZElOT-4ix3cSEnE

Winston

Winston

Thank you for your quick answer. The file that I require is B3GRID, which is the output of Normbeis3, however, I am not sure which scripts I have to use just to run Normbesi3.

Maria

normbeis3 takes two input files: B360FAC and BELD4 and one output file: B3GRD. You can set environmental variables pointing those to proper files and just run it interactively without a script.

Winston

Hi Whao

I am trying your suggestion but when I run the Norbeis3 program appears the next message (after that the program stops):
“Please verify that both the operating system and the processor support Intel® X87, CMOV, MMX, FXSAVE, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4_1, SSE4_2 and POPCNT instructions.”

I was looking in internet but don’t find any solution. Do you have any idea or possible solution?

Appreciate your help.
Maria

This suggests that the executable was built on a system with newer processor than you’re running on – you seem to be running on a processor from more than a decade ago. (Note that by default the Portland Compilers compile for the processor-version that is running the compile itself; with Intel or Gnu, you have a choice, but they default to Nehalem (SSE4_2).

You can re-compile on your machine, making sure to set the host for the compile to your processor –
cat /proc/cpuinfo
will help with that…

Carlie J. Coats, Jr., Ph.D.                I/O API Author/Maintainer
Senior Software Engineer                       cjcoats@email.unc.edu
UNC Institute for the Environment                     www.ie.unc.edu
100 Europa Dr., Suite 490 / Campus Box 1105         Tel 919.843.5951
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-1105                          Fax 919.966.9920