SMOKE ptegu ERROR

Hi everyone,

I am using NEI 2017 platform and SMOKE-4.7. The following error appears when i run Annual_ptegu_onetime_12US1_2017gb_17j.csh:

SCRIPT ERROR: timetracker script found multiple existing entries
for the following primary keys in the file already:
Sector = ptegu
Job Name = Annual_area
Program = smkreport
Run Date = inv
This should not happen, so script does not know how to
replace the entries for these keys
ERROR: Problem calling timetracker from qa_run script
ERROR: Running qa_run for invgrid
grep: /glade/derecho/scratch/hmao/SMOKE-4.7/2017gb_17j/intermed/ptegu/logs: Is a directory
grep: /glade/derecho/scratch/hmao/SMOKE-4.7/2017gb_17j/intermed/ptegu/logs: Is a directory
log analyzer
Getting message data (might take some time)…
Finished getting data
Classifying message types…
Total number of known messages: 139
Total number of unknown messages: 0
Level 3 analysis…
Finished classifying message types
log analyzer
Getting message data (might take some time)…
Finished getting data
Classifying message types…
Total number of known messages: 139
Total number of unknown messages: 0
Level 1 analysis…
Finished classifying message types
Testing for exit priority <= 1
All message priorities > 1

There are 8 files under /intermed/ptegu/logs and all log files showed Normal Completion:
grdmat_ptegu_2017gb_17j_US12NE.log
smkreport_ptegu_2017gb_17j_inv3.log
spcmat_ptegu_2017gb_17j_cmaq_cb6ae7.log
helper_scripts_list_ptegu_2017gb_17j_US12NE_onetime.txt
smkreport_ptegu_2017gb_17j_invgrid.log
timelog_ptegu_2017gb_17j_US12NE_onetime.txt
smkinven_ptegu_2017gb_17j.log
smkreport_ptegu_2017gb_17j_inv.log

Did the run succeed or not? What caused that ERROR message?

Thanks,
Lin

If you get normal termination for the logs, then your run was successful. I am not sure that it is worth trying to diagnose why the qa_run scripts failed, but perhaps @huytran6583 or @cseppan can help.

I’m guessing one of the smkreports failed. (I do not see the elevpoint log.) Check at the bottom of the smkreport logs, if there isn’t an indication of successful completion, then the smkreport stopped and failed. Perhaps there’s a failure in smkreport_ptegu_2017gb_17j_invgrid.log?

If there is a failure, you can safely remove the repconfig that was used in the failed smkreport process, mentioned in the logfile, from the run scripts, and run elevpoint using runsettings.txt ( or delete the ptegu directory and rerun from scratch ).

Smkreports are useful for QA purposes and REPCONFIGs are the smkreport configuration for each report. Removing the REPCONFIG will mean that a report is not created, but the smkreports are not required for SMOKE to complete.