SMOKE running error

Hi everyone,
I am using SMOKE to process EDGAR mercury emission inventory. Below are what i did(use cement emission as an example):

1. I write a new arinv file:
    CMT,HG_GAS,emis_hg_g,0,/home/lwu127/SMOKE-4.7/data/inventory/edgar2010/hg_cement/EDGARv4tox2_Hg_G_cement_2010.0.1x0.1.nc
    CMT,HGII_GAS,emis_hg_d,0,/home/lwu127/SMOKE-4.7/data/inventory/edgar2010/hg_cement/EDGARv4tox2_Hg_D_cement_2010.0.1x0.1.nc
    CMT,PHGI,emis_hg_p,0,/home/lwu127/SMOKE-4.7/data/inventory/edgar2010/hg_cement/EDGARv4tox2_Hg_P_cement_2010.0.1x0.1.nc
  2. i changed the gspro file to match the variable names,
    0000;“HG_GAS”;“HGNRVA”;1.0;200.59;1.0
    0000;“HGII_GAS”;“HGIIGAS”;1.0;200.59;1.0
    0000;“PHGI”;“PHGI”;1.0;1.0;1.0
  3. I changed the gsref file to:
    CMT;“0000”; HG_GAS
    CMT;“0000”;HGII_GAS
    CMT;“0000”;PHGI
    Then i run the program and this error showed up:
    *** ERROR ABORT in subroutine RDINVMAP
    Corrupted map formatted file - missing lines.
    I checked the intermediate file area.map.hg_cement.HEMI_2010.txt and it is empty. The directory hg_cement.HEMI_2010_dat is also empty. Could you please give some advice on what causes this error? Thanks!
    Lin

Your GSPRO, GSREF, and arinv file look correct. Since the _dat directory is empty, the issue is with Smkinven and not related to speciation. Are HG_GAS, HGII_GAS, and PHGI listed in the inventory table with keep = Y? Both the inventory data name (columns 1-11) and inventory pollutant code (columns 17-32) should have HG_GAS, HGII_GAS, and PHGI, respectively.

Thanks Eyth,
I only changed three lines in the invtable and the only thing i changed is the first N:
PHGI 202 Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Particulate Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
PHGI EXH__202 N 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Particulate Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HGII_GAS 201 Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Gaseous Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HGII_GAS EXH__201 N 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Gaseous Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HGII_GAS 7487947 N 0.7388 N tons/yr Mercury, Gaseous Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HG_GAS 200 Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Elemental Gaseous Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HG_GAS EXH__200 N 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Elemental Gaseous Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
Is this correct?

For EDGAR processing, the second column - currently “202”, “201”, “200” - needs to be the same as the first column: “PHGI”, “HGII_GAS”, and “HG_GAS”, respectively. We recommend adding new lines that have this and keeping the 202/201/200 lines as-is, in case the INVTABLE ever gets used for traditional inventory processing.

Also, the extra whitespace may have just been lost in email translation, be sure that your INVTABLE has the extra whitespace as required by SMOKE (fixed format). For example:

PM2_5_OTH PM2_5_OTH Y 1.0 N tons/yr PM2.5 minus PEC and POC (for HTAP)

Hi eyth,
I changed invtable to:
HG_GAS HG_GAS Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Elemental Gaseous Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
HGII_GAS HGII_GAS Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Gaseous Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
PHGI PHGI Y 1.0 N tons/yr Mercury, Particulate Divalent Mercury !Keep set to N for MP-lite
I checked the whitespace and it is right. But it still shows the same error.
Lin

Please share your Smkinven log file for me to review the issue. Thanks.