About SRC_APP_MAP in CMAQ-ISAM

I noticed the description of SRC_APP_MAP in https://www.airqualitymodeling.org/index.php/CMAQv5.0.2_Integrated_Source_Apportionment.
And I have downloaded CMAQv5.0.2 and Spatial Allocator v4.3 in github ,but I haven’t found the file src_app_map.tar.gz ,statefp_mask_all.* or alloc_create_areapercent.csh.Can you help me?

The upcoming release of CMAQv5.3 beta that will include the option to build and run CCTM ISAM.

I agree with Liz that waiting for the next CMAQ release will get you a better ISAM code. But I think you are asking about how to create map file to allocate emissions by regions. Unfortunately, I don’t know of any tools to help you. This is something you need to come up on your own. For an example of what the file should look like, check the ‘ocean’ file that does come with CMAQ data. The region file should have the same format. I fact, you can use the variables in the ‘ocean’ file as your regions.

Thanks for answering my question,but the description in CMAQv5.0.2 isam release notes says as follows:
SRC_APP_MAP is an optional input to ISAM that defines emissions tagging source regions. The I/O API gridded map file can be created using the Spatial Allocator with an input shapefile to compute an area percentage for each state or other region of interest. An example shapefile (statefp_mask_all.*) containing the State Abbreviations and the corresponding STATEFP code with the value for that state set to 1 and the value for all other states set to zero has been provided in a src_app_map.tar.gz file available for download (added 1/7/2015) with the CMAQ-ISAM distribution.

So I think maybe there are some tools.

As you say , I can use the variables in the ‘ocean’ file , so maybe I should use the head of the ocean nc file,but about the variables in map file,It should be like one of the follows or maybe other format?
for example,if I have 2 regions,
(1)region1=1,1,1,0,0,0,region2= 0,0,0,1,1,1
or
(2)region=1,1,1,2,2,2

thank you!

Please consider downloading the latest release and reviewing the documentation available in this release announcement:

Hi, May I ask a question ,If I want to research PM2.5, which TAG CLASSES I need to track
I have used CMAQ5.3.1 and I don’t know how to set the isam_control.txt:

!!! CMAQ-ISAM tag definition control file
!!! (lines begining with !!! - three exclamaition marks - are ignored by the text parser)
!!!
!!! Example file provided with CMAQ v5.3 release
!!! 05 June 2019: Sergey L. Napelenok
!!!
!!!
!!! The following line defines the tag classes to track for the simulation. Species in NITRATE and VOC classes depend on the
!!! the chemical mechanism used. The below definitions apply for the cb6r3_ae7_aq mechanism.
!!! Choose any/all from the list of nine: SULFATE, NITRATE, AMMONIUM, EC, OC, VOC, PM25_IONS, CO, OZONE
!!! SULFATE - ASO4J, ASO4I, SO2, SULF, SULRXN
!!! NITRATE - ANO3J, ANO3I, HNO3, NO, NO2, NO3, HONO, N2O5, PNA, PAN, PANX, NTR1, NTR2, INTR, CLNO2, CLNO3
!!! AMMONIUM - ANH4J, ANH4I, NH3
!!! EC - AECJ, AECI
!!! OC - APOCI, APOCJ, APNCOMI, APNCOMJ
!!! VOC - 22 species, check CCTM/src/isam/SA_DEFN.F for species names
!!! PM25_IONS - ANAI, ANAJ, AMGJ, AKJ, ACAJ, AFEJ, AALJ, ASIJ, ATIJ, AMNJ, AOTHRI, AOTHRJ
!!! CO - CO
!!! OZONE - all NITRATE species + all VOC species
!!! CHLORINE - ACLI, ACLJ, HCL

TAG CLASSES |SULFATE,NITRATE,AMMONIUM

Thank you so much

Hi Bsu,
As described in https://github.com/USEPA/CMAQ/blob/master/CCTM/src/MECHS/cb6r3_ae7_aq/SpecDef_cb6r3_ae7_aq.txt
PM2.5 is calculated as:

PM25_TOT=ATOTI[0]*PM25AT[3]+ATOTJ[0]*PM25AC[3]+ATOTK[0]*PM25CO[3]

ATOTI=ASO4I[1]+ANO3I[1]+ANH4I[1]+ANAI[1]+ACLI[1]
+AECI[1]+AOMI[0]+AOTHRI[1]

ATOTJ=ASO4J[1]+ANO3J[1]+ANH4J[1]+ANAJ[1]+ACLJ[1]
+AECJ[1]+AOMJ[0]+AOTHRJ[1]+AFEJ[1]+ASIJ[1]
+ATIJ[1]+ACAJ[1]+AMGJ[1]+AMNJ[1]+AALJ[1]+AKJ[1]

ATOTK=ASOIL[1]+ACORS[1]+ASEACAT[1]+ACLK[1]+ASO4K[1]
+ANO3K[1]+ANH4K[1]

in normal simulations.

But usually in my experience,PM25AT=1.0,PM25AC=1.0, PM25CO≈0.06.

So it’s clearly that you should tagged SULFATE, NITRATE, AMMONIUM, EC, OC,PM25_IONS.
And in ISAM, PM2.5 can be calculated as:

PM25= ASO4J+ASO4I+ANO3J+ANO3I+ANH4J+ANH4I+AECJ+AECI+APOCI+APOCJ+APNCOMI+APNCOMJ+ANAI+ANAJ+AMGJ+AKJ+ACAJ+AFEJ+AALJ+ASIJ+ATIJ+AMNJ+AOTHRI+AOTHRJ

which species you can find in CCTM_SA_CONC or CCTM_SA_ACONC.

C.W.Huang

Thank you so much ~ Recently, I’ve learned how to tag different regions through the variable ‘REGION(S)’ in the ‘isam_control.txt’ and the variable ’ ISAM_REGIONS’ in the run_cctm.csh .
May I ask a question about how to tag the contributions of different emission category? such as agriculture,industury, power.

Hi Bsu,
First of all, you should have individual emission inventories that devided by categories,such as agritulture.nc,industry.nc,power.nc

Then, you can change the line : setenv N_EMIS_GR 3 as there are 3 different emission inventories. And declare each emission inventories in run_cctm.csh.For gridded emission inventories,there should be individual EMISfile as emission file name,GR_EMIS as file path,GR_EMIS_LAB as the tags of emission file. As for point emissions,individual STK_GRPS,STK_EMIS,STK_EMIS_LAB,STK_EMIS_DIAG,STK_EM_SYM_DATE should be set.

Finally, you can modify isam_control.txt ,there must be individual TAG NAME ,REGION(S)
EMIS STREAM(S) for each emission inventories,and make sure that EMIS STREAM(S) are same with GR_EMIS_LAB.

C.W.Huang

Hi,may I ask a question, I have used CB05 Emission inventory to run CMAQ5.3.1(CB06), What coefficients do I need to modify to make them match? Thank you~

Please start a new issue for this question.