CMAQ-DDM-3D sensinput file setting about high-order sensitivity

This is the sample sensinput file on the DDM website, how to explain the two “EMISNOX” under the “2ENOX”? Does this represent second-order sensitivity, three “EMISNOX” mean third-order sensitivity?

“EMISNOX” is the name of the parameter appearing above this one that you want the second order for. In this file you could have also specified the “cross” sensitivity:

2X
HIGH
EMISNOX
EMISSO2

Identically:
2X
HIGH
EMISSO2
EMISNOX

1 Like
Dear professor, thanks for your answer. I am a student  doing the research about the sensitivity of pm2.5 in Shanghai by CMAQ-DDM. I had sent an email to this address "napelenok.sergey@epa.gov" ,I want to ask you some questions.
First, as you said, "2ENOX" means second-order sensitivity, theoretically, how to describe the third-order sensitivity ? And does the “cross” sensitivity mean the sensitivity to a combination of two emission situations "EMISSO2" and "EMISNOX"?  
Second, the units of the variables in DDM result file "ASENS" are "ppmv" and "micrograms/m**3" , which are same as the units in "ACONC" file, so I'm a little confused about the meaning of the variables in "ASENS" file. In my opinion, I think the value of the variable, for example "NO2_EMISNOX", is the slope of the green line as shown in the picture below, is that right?

figure%201
Looking forward to your reply, thanks!