CMAQv5.3.1 KZMIN Controls PURB Variable

1. Does anyone know why it seems there is now a firm requirement in CMAQv5.3.1 that the PURB variable is available in the gridcro2d file? I have checked the CMAQv5 information that it can be avoided if KZMIN=N, but in the new centralized io subroutine retrieve_grid_cr, the model aborts if the PURB variable is not available regardless of the KZMIN setting.

I am probably missing the correct documentation on 5.3.1, so that could help too.

1. On that note, I would also like to know if CMAQv5.3.1 could run with no fractional land use variables (i.e., LUFRAC_*) in the input files whatsoever, which seems a hard requirement to be included in the gridcro2d file still. So any further suggestions on any nuances I may be missing here would also be very much appreciated.

Thanks again!

Any information is much appreciated! Thank you,

Patrick

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for letting us know about these issues and we are testing a solution.

Cheers,
David

Thank you David, and I would be very interested in hearing about the updated solution.

Are you also checking on my other related post in regards to the centralized io subroutine and the INITIAL_RUN/SOILINP settings issue I posted in the forum:

“CMAQv5.3.1: SOILINP File and INITIAL_RUN Settings”

Thank you! Patrick