How to draw 2-D contour

Hi.
I want to draw a 2-D contour from my output of CMAQ but I do not how it is possible.
Thanks.

No one can help me?
No suggestion?
:face_with_head_bandage:

Hi Farzad,

VERDI produces what is called a Tile Plot, which is a contour plot of each variable.
It also allows you to change the time step and to create an animated video of the data.

Is this the type of plot that you are interested in?

Liz

Hi
@lizadams
Thanks for your reply.
I’m aware of the tile plot in verdi. But I wonder if I can draw a contour plot with continous change of the investigated variables. In tile plot, all area of each cell has a single value, but I am looking for a sort of interpolation that every single point has its own unique value. Is it possible in verdi?
By the way, the 3d contour plot that verdi draws is complicated for illustration.

No one?
No suggestion?

Hi Farzad,

I do not believe that this is possible. CMAQ calculations for each species are grid cell based, there is not a way to interpolate to a finer resolution within each grid cell.

Liz

Or use “smoothed tile-plot” in PAVE or m3plot: both use linear interpolation to determine contours, which are then filled with colors.

These programs also allow you to overlay contour-plots for one variable against tile-plots for another variable…

1 Like

Thanks for your response.
@cjcoats
I have seen PAVE and its user guide but I did not found the link of download of PAVE.

The beta of PAVE-3.0 can be downloaded from https://github.com/cjcoats/pave-3.0

Note that building it is somewhat tricky, because of the necessity of installing support-libraries. On the other hand, the build is for Linux 64-bit medium memory model so there are no 2GB (etc.) memory/file-size limits: problem size is limited only by your available computer-memory (which is probably at least 16GB these days)…

1 Like