I made an error when Compiling CMAQ20200828 for CCTM

build.txt (304.4 KB) config_cmaq.csh (10.7 KB) bldit_cctm.csh (29.7 KB)
mpiifort -c -fixed -132 -O3 -fno-alias -mp1 -fp-model source -ftz -simd -align all -xHost -vec-guard-write -unroll-aggressive -I /home/qinch18/CMAQ/CMAQ532/lib/x86_64/intel/ioapi/lib -I /home/qinch18/CMAQ/CMAQ532/lib/x86_64/intel/ioapi/include_files -I /home/qinch18/CMAQ/CMAQ532/lib/x86_64/intel/mpi -I. -Disam -Dparallel -Dsens -Dm3dry_opt -Dpotvorto3 -DSUBST_BARRIER=SE_BARRIER -DSUBST_GLOBAL_MAX=SE_GLOBAL_MAX -DSUBST_GLOBAL_MIN=SE_GLOBAL_MIN -DSUBST_GLOBAL_MIN_DATA=SE_GLOBAL_MIN_DATA -DSUBST_GLOBAL_TO_LOCAL_COORD=SE_GLOBAL_TO_LOCAL_COORD -DSUBST_GLOBAL_SUM=SE_GLOBAL_SUM -DSUBST_GLOBAL_LOGICAL=SE_GLOBAL_LOGICAL -DSUBST_LOOP_INDEX=SE_LOOP_INDEX -DSUBST_SUBGRID_INDEX=SE_SUBGRID_INDEX -DSUBST_HI_LO_BND_PE=SE_HI_LO_BND_PE -DSUBST_SUM_CHK=SE_SUM_CHK -DSUBST_SE_INIT=SE_INIT -DSUBST_INIT_ARRAY=SE_INIT_ARRAY -DSUBST_COMM=SE_COMM -DSUBST_MY_REGION=SE_MY_REGION -DSUBST_SLICE=SE_SLICE -DSUBST_GATHER=SE_GATHER -DSUBST_DATA_COPY=SE_DATA_COPY -DSUBST_IN_SYN=SE_IN_SYN -DSUBST_PE_COMM="./PE_COMM.EXT" -DSUBST_CONST="./CONST.EXT" -DSUBST_FILES_ID="./FILES_CTM.EXT" -DSUBST_EMISPRM="./EMISPRM.EXT" -DSUBST_MPI="/home/qinch18/CMAQ/CMAQ532/lib/x86_64/intel/mpi/include/mpif.h" DDM3D_CHEM.F
vppm.F(169): error #6420: This array name is invalid in this context. [SEN]
REAL, INTENT( INOUT ) :: SEN( :,:,: )
----------------------------------^
vppm.F(341): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [NP]
DO NP = 1, NPMAX
---------^
vppm.F(341): error #6063: An INTEGER or REAL data type is required in this context. [NP]
DO NP = 1, NPMAX
---------^
vppm.F(341): error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type. [NPMAX]
DO NP = 1, NPMAX
-----------------^
compilation aborted for vppm.F (code 1)
make: *** [vppm.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…
ERROR while running make command

Your compile line does have -Dsens but these are exactly errors that would have happened if it were missing. So: good question…

Could you please clarify what you mean by “CMAQ20200828”? The publicly released code is CMAQv5.3.1. Was that what you downloaded and tried to compile?

I see now where you might have obtained a “CMAQ20200828” version of CMAQ from a github repository other than https://github.com/USEPA/CMAQ. That version is NOT a released or supported version of CMAQ. Please ONLY obtain CMAQ code from https://github.com/USEPA/CMAQ, not any other repository you may have found. This repository is where any publicly released code version will always be made available (CMAQv5.3.2 will be there very, very soon …) and where users should obtain their code.

Any CMAQ repositories other than the one shown above may contain branches with versions of the code that haven’t gone through release testing. We cannot support issues you may encounter with such versions of the code.

If you encounter the same problem shown in your initial post when using the publicly released version of CMAQ (currently CMAQv5.3.1), please post this and we can have someone look at it.