Issue on running onroad using NEI 2016 v1

Hi everyone,
I am running onroad emissions for 2016 and got error message like following:
ERROR: detected in Smkinven
ERROR: Running smk_run for part 1 in jul_2016
log analyzer
Getting message data (might take some time)…
grep: /scratch/general/lustre/copycky/data/nei/2016/air/emismod/2016/v1//2016fh_16j/intermed/onroad/RPP/logs: Is a directory
grep: /scratch/general/lustre/copycky/data/nei/2016/air/emismod/2016/v1//2016fh_16j/intermed/onroad/RPP/logs: Is a directory
Finished getting data
Classifying message types…
Total number of known messages: 36389
Total number of unknown messages: 0
Level 3 analysis…
Finished classifying message types
log analyzer
Getting message data (might take some time)…
Finished getting data
Classifying message types…
Total number of known messages: 36389
Total number of unknown messages: 0
Level 1 analysis…
Finished classifying message types
Testing for exit priority <= 1
ERROR: At least one message’s priority is less than or equal to the exit priority: 1
ERROR: Level 1 errors or Level 0 warnings found. Check log files, fix inputs, and rerun.
My smkinven log file show the normal completion and I am thinking it might due to the smkreport program. I am trying to turn off the smkreport program from run_setting.txt. Now I wondering what sector name should be for the all the onroad sector (RPP, RPD, RPH and RPV). Is it “onroad_RPP” ?

Best,

We suspect that this is the warning in Smkinven that tripped up the log analyzer. For RPP, this warning is acceptable:

WARNING: Dropping SCC .* not listed in SCCXREF file

If this is the only priority 0 or 1 message in the level 1 log analyzer output, then that is okay.

The 2016v1 and 2017 READMEs have a list of acceptable warnings which may sometimes be flagged by the log analyzer. We will make sure the lists are up to date.

We aren’t clear from your note whether the job finished or if there was another problem. Did Movesmrg run and complete? If not, which was the last program to complete, and can you provide the log for that program?

Thanks for your reply. It seems MOVESMRG did not complete, it even did not start I think. The std log file is attached.RPP.o.txt (4.7 KB)
It shows error/warning in SMKINVEN and I check the log file which has SMKINVEN normal complete.
smkinven_RPP_onroad_jul_2016fh_16j.log.txt (2.7 MB)

It seems like the program stop when it detect error/warning in SMKINVEN log file so I would like to skip the smkreport/log analyzer.

Or is there anything I am wrong with this run? Hope to receive your help.

Best

After any SMOKE program is run, a script called checklogfile.csh looks for the “Normal Completion” message, and returns an error status if that message is not found. (This is completely separate from the log analyzer which doesn’t run until the very end.) The Smkinven log has that Normal Completion message, yet checklogfile.csh seems to be returning an error status. It’s not clear why…

To help figure this out, can you do the following: At the top of their onroad RPP run script, change “#!/bin/csh -f” to “#!/bin/csh -fx”, then run the job and send the standard output. The output should be much longer this time and contain more detailed output.

Thanks for your suggestion. I re-run the job and got the same results. the log files are attached but I can’t see any different on them. RPP.o.txt (4.5 KB)
smkinven_RPP_onroad_jul_2016fh_16j.log.txt (2.7 MB)

I got an update now. Now the issue is that the MOVESMRG program can not find rateperprofile_* files. May I know where can I find these files or how to generate them?
Attachment is the log file:
movesmrg_RPP_onroad_jul_2016fh_16j_20160702_US_12km_cmaq_cb6.log.txt (116.5 KB)

I found the rateper* files. It seems the program cannot find them since there I can’t see any onption to define the address of them. May I know where it should be as default? They are currently under the /v1/2016fh_16j/inputs/onroad/eftables. Do I need to move them to v1/ge_dat/onroad?

It looks like your EF tables are in the correct place (…/v1/2016fh_16j/inputs/onroad/eftables/). The Movesmrg log indicates that it is finding some of them, but that many are missing. We think the most likely issue is that they didn’t install all of them. How many rateperprofile* files are in their inputs/onroad/eftables directory? There should be 630.

Oh I see, I found that I have only 337 rateper* files in this directory. I reload all zip files and now has 2520 in this directory and the jobs run well so far. Thanks for your help.