MCIP files for 4km NEI2017

Hi All,

Are there MCIP output files for 4km NEI2017?
I know there are MCIP output files for 12km NEI2017 and could use them to reproduce model ready emissions in NEI2017.
If no such files for 4km, is it possible to use EPA’s WRF configurations and inputs to generate 4km WRF output?
I read one file (Meteorological Model Performance for Annual 2016 Simulation WRF v3.8) to get information about that. It needs more input data than I thought, I tried to run WRF for 12km based on model configuration information in that file without SST, wrfsfd and lightning data. It showed an error “RIBX never exceeds RIC, RIB(i,kte) = NaN…” to use ACM2.
So I am curious if it is possible to use EPA’s MCIP files or follow EPA’s WRF configurations to get 4km NEI2017 emissions (including 3D point sources) eventually.

Thank you in advance!

Hi Rypo,

Can you please identify the domain or region that you are interested in for the 4km NEI2017.

Thanks, Liz

Hi Liz,

Thanks a lot for your reply!
The domain I am interested in for the 4km NEI2017 is CONUS. I want to convert 4km CONUS emissions to 36km CONUS and to 6km for my domain2 (about Lat:36~43 degrees, Lon -80~-71degree) in northeastern regions.

By the way, I found there was no WRFv3.8_v4.3_MCIP_12US1.35L.20171222.tar.gz in 12 - Google Drive
Is there anything wrong with that file?

Thank you!

Hi,
I will re-upload that file. Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Liz,

I checked CMAS data Warehouse, configurations for NE4km and CONUS 12km are consistent (except Kain Fritsch with kfeta_trigger), I think I can try to use NE 4km MCIP to run SMOKE and get NE 4km emissions to convert to my NE 6km domain instead of using CONUS4km.
Is there existing shared MCIP output for NE 4km in 2017?

Thank you!

Hi Liz,

I figured out that 4NE2 domain should work for me.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi Liz,

So is there shareable 4NE2 MCIP output for NEI2017?
I tried to collect information and reproduce 2017 12km MCIP output, but still look much different. It is hard but also learned many new things.

Thank you.

Hi @Rypo ,

Have you got the data for the 4km?. Did you had to create 4km WRF met files? If so, would you please share wrf,wps script and smoke script too?

Thank you so much