we are working on running a high-res simulation using SMOKE and CMAQ for a domain located in Paraguay (South America).
We ran a 24 hour simulation in CMAQ and we are seeing either no data (meaning zero values) or very low values in the CMAQ output.
We are using SMOKE v4.8.1 and CMAQ v5.3.2 to do our simulations and our process was like this:
- We focused on July 2019 for this first simulation
- We generated emissions in SMOKE for 5 sectors: Energy, Industry, Residential, Ships and Transport
- We ran into quite a few issues with SMOKE but we were able to reach a point where we could run the model for 5 days periods, anything longer and the model didn’t completed successfully, so to complete the month we had to run the model 5 times (to complete the whole month)
- Since we have 5
.ncffiles for every sector, we used the
ncrcattool to concat all 5 files into a single
- We then configured CMAQ to use the 5 emission files and ran the model for 24 hours (July 1st, 2019)
I’ve uploaded the following to a Google Drive folder:
- Emission files for each sector
run_cctm_ASUNCION.cshand its output
CTM_LOGfor each processor
Anyone had a similar issue in the past?