Hi all, I’m getting extreme low O3 concentration in my model simulation, almost no O3 over whole CA domain. I tried debugging it for a long time but couldn’t figure it out. Two example log files are attached here if you want to see the log before trying my simulation. The model ran without stopping. In second file (20100924) I got a warning saying EBI Euler convergence failure. I’m not sure if this matters so I just upload the log file here.
CTM_LOG_000.s07tic_ae7i_intel_CA12KM_2010_09_v3_20100921.txt (480.0 KB)
CTM_LOG_002.s07tic_ae7i_intel_CA12KM_2010_09_v3_20100924.txt (486.1 KB)
The model version I’m running is 5.3.1. The icbc files were generated from mozart using mozart2camx tool. The met files were generated using mcip. The emission files were generated using our own code as we’re using a local emission inventory. We’ve checked that the emission files could be read by CMAQ. These input files were also used in our own model (not the exactly same format, but should be same). Our own model results looks normal. But when using CMAQv5.3.1, the ozone concentrations were extremely low. I got a large Ozone hole over the whole domain.
I’ll share a link below that contains one-day input files in case anyone wants to try running my simulation:
The chemical mechanism I used is saprc07tic_ae7i_aq. There are some species having different names between emission files and cmaq, so I also modified the EmissCtrl file to make sure those species were read.