SMOKE 4.7 test case difference

Thank you! That does solve the problem :slight_smile:

thank you all , we run the same case,why there is difference in install_diffs.txt? i cant upload it but my difference is 2 rather than 0.2 ,is that ok? how come we get different result?

Is this difference (0.2 vs 2.0) from the diff report? That is a big difference. Unless you output the SMOKE summary reports in a different unit, I do not think that is coming from different configuration of SMOKE executables. Please let me know if you make any edit to REPCONFIG input file. Also can you tell me exactly what pollutant and which source show that much of different?

thanks for your reply. i compiled it ,met issues and got solved. I got executables and lib files in the forder:Linux2_x86_64. What i changed:1.ASSIGNS.nctox.cmaq.cb05_soa.us12-nc :setenv BIN Linux2_x86_64;2.yesterday i changed smk_area_nctox.csh today i tar it from the gz file ,and run these csh again. The result seem same.
As for REPCONFIG, i found it updated with the run ,but dont know how. i dont think i changed it on purpose.And i wonder:1. Am i compile it right and how to check? 2. I linked a ioapi version3.2 but not the newest,is that matter? 3.what difference is acceptable?
i can attach the file now. since i just compared it few lines ,also totally dont know the meaning ,i cant tell much. it is North Carolin and the last but one 21431130.0 vs 21431128.0; ASSIGNS.nctox.cmaq.cb05_soa.us12-nc.txt (22.8 KB) install_diffs.txt (488.0 KB) repconfig.point.inv.txt (1.3 KB)

Good to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. Once you were able to create all executable programs, you are successfully compiled the SMOKE system. Since IOAPI uses the roll out versioning system, I can not tell you the exact date of IOAPI v3.2 but once you can compile the SMOKE with it, you are using the right version. So, your IOAPI library is up to date for SMOKE. What is the acceptable difference? I normally suggest as long as you see less than 0.1% or 1% between the results, your compiled executables are built correctly.

1 Like

Actually, any version of the I/O API since v2.1 (1995?) should be fine: all it’s doing is copying data around between netCDF and your program (though of course netCDF-3 changed their stuff, requiring I/O API v3.0 or later, and netCDF-4 changed things again, requiring I/O API v3.2), and the mechanisms for doing that have not changed at all.

FWIW

– Carlie J. Coats, Jr., Ph.D. I/O API Author/Maintainer

1 Like

@bbaek,
Hi. (SMOKE4.8) I used grep ERROR * and got the error :

smkinven.area.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
smkinven.nonroad.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
smkinven.point.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
smkinven.rateperdistance.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000
smkinven.rateperhour.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000
smkinven.rateperprofile.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000
smkinven.ratepervehicle.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000
spcmat.area.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
spcmat.area.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE
spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE
spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
spcmat.point.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
spcmat.point.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE
temporal.area.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
temporal.nonroad.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
temporal.point.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100
temporal.rateperdistance.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000
temporal.rateperhour.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000

This is my install_diffs.txt (491.6 KB)
But apparently, I did not find differences!

$ ./check_smk_install

Differences between your installation and correct answers exist!
Please refer to file $SMKROOT/doc/install_diffs.txt for details.

It means I’ve installed and compiled wrongly !?

Also before run grep ERROR *, I saw after running ./smk_area_nctox.csh and other scripts like it
/bin/rm: No match.
/bin/rm: No match.
Running part 1…

Looks like the differences I am seeing is quite small less than 0.1%. I believe they are caused by using different CPU.