SMOKE 4.7 test case difference

Dear all,
I encounter one problem while running test case. After running, i found some errors in log file. I reinstalled once and still met the same error. When i check the install_diffs.txt file, the differences are:
Stationary area source differences
Biogenic source differences
Nonroad source differences
Point source differences
MOVES rateperdistance source differences
MOVES rateperhour source differences
MOVES ratepervehicle source differences
MOVES rateperprofile source differences.
It seems everything is different.
But i don’t know how to fix this. Could you help me with this? Thanks!!

Please make sure you ran all sectors run scripts successfully. You can check all log files especially Smkmerge and Movesmrg log files from $LOGS folder. All log files should end with “Normal Completion”. If not, then you need to find out which sector run failed and address the issue by examine the error message first.

If all log files end with “Normal Completion”, and seeing these differences after you invoke “check_smk_install” script, then we need to look into the details. Before we do that, please check your log files first and then once all run scripts are run successfully, then rerun the “check_smk_install” script to find out whether there are any differences existed or not.

I checked all files under $LOGS directory. I have 45 logs files in all and all files end with “Normal Completion”. But when i rerun the “check_smk_install” script, I still got “Differences between your installation and correct answers exist!”. Attached picture shows the name of these 45 log files.

Have you reviewed what kind of differences are you seeing? Which sectors? How much of differences are we talking about?

When i use “grep ERROR *” to check all logs files, all errors are shown below:

install_diffs.txt (583.0 KB) smkinven.area.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100

  • smkinven.nonroad.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • smkinven.point.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • smkinven.rateperdistance.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*
  • smkinven.rateperhour.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*
  • smkinven.rateperprofile.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*
  • smkinven.ratepervehicle.nctox.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*
  • spcmat.area.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • spcmat.area.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE*
  • spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE*
  • spcmat.nonroad.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • spcmat.point.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • spcmat.point.nctox.cmaq_cb05_soa.log: Value for DEFAULT_CONV_FAC_ERROR not defined;returning default: FALSE*
  • temporal.area.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • temporal.nonroad.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • temporal.point.nctox.20050710.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 100*
  • temporal.rateperdistance.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*
  • temporal.rateperhour.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.log: Value for SMK_MAXERROR: 900000*

And I checked install_diffs.txt and found all differences as below:
Stationary area source differences
Biogenic source differences
Point source differences
MOVES rateperdistance source differences
MOVES rateperhour source differences
MOVES ratepervehicle source differences
MOVES rateperprofile source differences
The install_diffs.txt file is attached here

Hi,

Actually I haven’t figured out the problem. I checked several times but the difference still exists. So confused.

Lin

Based on your install_diffs.txt report, they are practically same. I think there are very minor decimal point differences 0.01% which can be ignored.

Oh. I see. Thanks so much!