SMOKE merge problem with time steps

Hello!

Can anyone please help me with the problem I faced in merging different sectors within SMOKE?
I have finished all sectors separately using NEI-2015 and SMOKE. However, for merging all sectors, I receive an error that says some of my emission files have not enough time steps:

ERROR: Number of time steps       24 in file 
      0�I��I���"��"/scratch/se75432/workDir/emis_2015/2015fd_cb6_15j/premerged/mrggrid/emis_mole_cmv_c1c2_20150804_12US2_cmaq_cb6_2015fd_cb6_15j.1.tmp.ncf@@@@�y+1p��" 
      is insufficient to cover the requested number of output 
      time steps       25

*** ERROR ABORT in subroutine SETOUTDATE
 Problem with duration of input files

I checked the emission files in intermed folder and it seems four sectors (onroad, onroad_ca, afdust_adj, and othafdust_adj) have 24 time steps and the rest of sectors have 25 time steps. I don’t know why the error says cmv_c1c2 sector has problem.

Also, when I remove the mentioned four sectors (with 24 time steps) from sectors_list, merging is done with no problem.

I couldn’t find any difference in run scripts of different sectors, related to time steps.
Do you know what might be wrong?

Thank you,
Soroush

Souroush,

Can you please provide the following log files:

For afdust, a sample log for each of these programs: smkmerge, xportfrac, and apply.precip.adj? These are all in the intermed/afdust/logs/ directory.

For onroad, could provide a sample movesmrg log for RPD, RPP, RPH, and RPV, as well as a sample onroad mrggrid log (in intermed/onroad/RP*/logs/ and intermed/onroad/logs/, respectively)?
Note that I’m asking for an onroad mrggrid log, not a mrggrid log from the overall sector merge.

You can zip them and email them to eyth.alison@epa.gov

Soroush,

We found that
the METCRO2D files you are using in /scratch/se75432/workDir/emis_2015/met/08/ only contain 24 timesteps; but they should each have 25 for things to work properly.

Thank you for the help.
That’s right. I used m3wndw program to change my met files domain size. The only thing I needed to do was that use end time of “245959” instead of the default end time “240000”.
Now it is working.