SMOKE model running in India region

Dear Baek,

I am Chinmay Kumar Jena, working as a project scientist in Indian Institute of Tropical Meteorology, Pune, India. I will plan to start SMOKEv4.0 model in India region using Edgar emissions. I need your suggestion and help.

Please let me know the steps on how to start the SMOKE model in India region.

Thanks,
Chinmay Jena

SMOKE modeling run in your local region starts with your own bottom-up inventory datasets. You need to obtain your own geographic-specific, source type-specific inventory values in unit of short-tons/year. And then you need to prepare many other input files to covert them into the unit air quality model wants such as gridded, speciate and hourly emissions. If you are not familiar with the basic concept of emission modeling, please check out the link below.

https://www.cmascenter.org/smoke/documentation/4.6/html/ch02s08.html

If you do not have any proper SMOKE-ready input data files like spatial surrogates, chemical profiles, temporal profiles and more, I would strongly recommend you to reach out to any emissions/air quality modeler teams in your area for their assistance.

Dear Baek,

Thank you for your suggestions.
I will plan to make one by one input files like spatial surrogates, chemical profiles, temporal profiles etc.

Please let me know how to prepare spatial surrogates file.

Thanks,
Chinmay Jena