ERROR ABORT in subroutine ASGNTPRO

Dear all,

I am trying to run Rate Per Start (RPS) module in SMOKE 4.8.1. I am facing issues running temporal part of RPS. The error is associated with Month-of-Year profile not found in temporal profiles. The recommended inputs for RPS (mtref_onroad_MOVES_starts_28aug2020_nf_v1,mtpro_weekly_onroad_MOVES_starts_12may2020_v0,mtpro_hourly_onroad_MOVES_starts_12may2020_v0,meproc_MOVES_RPS_12may2020_v0,MRCLIST_MOVES3_MYR_2017_20201201_RPS_10dec2020_v0) does not come with Month-of-Year profile. The issue is detailed below:
File “MTREF” opened for input on unit: 94
/lustre/fs0/home/mhasan/Parallel/cmaq/Build_CMAQ/LIBRARIES/data/ge_dat/mtref_onroad_MOVES_starts_28aug2020_nf_v1

PROCTPRO:  TREF type "MONTH-of-YEAR " active reference count=        0
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "DAY-of-WEEK   " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "DAY-of-MONTH  " active reference count=        0
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "MONDAY        " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "TUESDAY       " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "WEDNESDAY     " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "THURSDAY      " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "FRIDAY        " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "SATURDAY      " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "SUNDAY        " active reference count=       12
 PROCTPRO:  TREF type "MET-BASED     " active reference count=        0

File "MTPRO_WEEKLY" opened for input on unit:  93
 /lustre/fs0/home/mhasan/Parallel/cmaq/Build_CMAQ/LIBRARIES/data/ge_dat/mtpro_weekly_onroad_MOVES_starts_12may2020_v0

PROCTPRO/CSVPROF        :  file "MTPRO_WEEKLY" processed:        12   active data-rows   7  fields

File "MTPRO_HOURLY" opened for input on unit:  93
 /lustre/fs0/home/mhasan/Parallel/cmaq/Build_CMAQ/LIBRARIES/data/ge_dat/mtpro_hourly_onroad_MOVES_starts_12may2020_v0

PROCTPRO/CSVPROF        :  file "MTPRO_HOURLY" processed:        24   active data-rows  24  fields
 Value for RENORM_TPROF:  N returning FALSE
 Value for FULLSCC_ONLY:  N returning FALSE
 Value for SMK_MAXERROR:  100
 Assigning temporal profiles to sources...
 ASGNTPRO:  Not using Month-of-Year profiles

ERROR: No month-of-year profile found for source 1 : Region: 000000001001 Road Type: 21 Vtype: 2 SCC: 00000000002202210172
…
ERROR ABORT in subroutine ASGNTPRO
Problem assigning temporal profiles to sources

Hasibul

Were you able to resolve this issue? Searching on the User Forum for a similar error report, I did see recommendations that you start with the latest modeling platform. Temporal Running Error: No temporal cross-reference available

The issue is still unresolved. I used the latest emission platform data and the CMAS recommended script for RPS. I am attaching the assign file and script that I used for RPS and the log files. The recommended RPS script is taken from (https://gaftp.epa.gov/Air/emismod/MOVES3/2017/) .
ASSIGNS.nctox.cmaq.cb05_soa.us12-nc.txt (25.7 KB)
grdmat.rateperstart.nctox.us12-nc.txt (130.4 KB)
movesmrg.rateperstart.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.txt (7.4 KB)
smkinven.rateperstart.nctox.txt (26.9 KB)
spcmat.rateperstart.nctox.cmaq_cb6ae7.txt (23.0 KB)
temporal.rateperstart.nctox.20050710.us12-nc.txt (22.2 KB)
smk_rateperstart_nctox.txt (4.6 KB)
Here are the recommended CMAS scripts:
Monthly_onroad_diesel_RPS_12US1_EQUATES_2017.txt (8.7 KB)
Monthly_onroad_gas_RPS_12US1_EQUATES_2017.txt (8.7 KB)

I will be thankful if you can help me solve this issue as RPS is one of the newest addition in SMOKE.

Hasibul

We run RPS / starts using monthly activity data, so month-of-year profiles don’t need to be defined. Your run is reading in the annual activity data with SMKINVEN_MONTH set to 0. You should run Smkinven (and Spcmat/Grdmat/Temporal) once per month with SMKINVEN_MONTH = 1, 2, 3, etc, so that SMOKE will read in the monthly starts activity data.

2 Likes