Makefile error CCTM_v54.exe doesn't appear

I am trying to run CMAQ 5.4 gcc 9.1 and the model stops almost immediately after executing.
the error presented when executing bldit_cctm.csh gcc 9.1 the following error appears:

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [Makefile:407: CCTM_v54.exe] Error 1
ERROR while running make command

I am not sure where in the building process I may have made a mistake, but I could use some help, please.

-Jared

bldit_cctm.log.txt (5.7 KB)
run_cctm.log.txt (33 Bytes)
bldit.cctm.log.txt (119.5 KB)

Looking at the error message in the third attachment you posted, it appears to be the same issue as the one encountered by the users in these threads (as a google search for “multiple definition of nf_put_var1_int64” will also reveal):

Error when install ioapi 3.2 with intel

[airs2m3] Error

Based on @cjcoats answers in those threads, the solution (as documented on the I/O API webpage appears to be to either build I/O API without netCDF4 support or to add the -DIOAPI_NCF4=1 preprocessor flag when building I/O API>

Thank you for responding. This issue keeps bringing me to a roadblock so I have decided to reconfigure and set up from scratch. When I have tried to install using the CMAQ gnu tutorial, the issue I asked about persists, and if I use the latest versions of library and CMAQ software, I end up with errors that have “… noquantize…” as part of the read out. I will keep trying.

It appears that I had modified the tutorial and removed these lines.
That is because the tutorial is based on building using the netCDF uncompressed version. (build netCDF using the following option.

./configure --prefix=$cwd/../netcdf --disable-netcdf-4 --disable-dap

:. Edit Makeinclude file to include ‘-DIOAPI_NCF4=1’ to the MFLAGS make-variable to avoid multiple definition of `nf_get_vara_int64_’

vi  Makeinclude.Linux2_x86_64gfort_gcc_9.1.0
edit line 32
MFLAGS    = -ffast-math -funroll-loops -m64 -DIOAPI_NCF4=1 #  -Wall -Wsurprising -march=native -mtune=native

I need to create a new tutorial that shows how to build I/O API using the netCDF-4 compressed version, and that tutorial will use the above option.